Where in LA county can I buy a single family house 3bd,1.5bath with decent schools for 330K.

Asked by Dick, Los Angeles County, CA Thu Mar 26, 2009

Have been searching in La Mirada,Lakewood,Downey,Bellflower.Have offered 335K for REO listed for 287K. Have been out bid 3 times in last 2 weeks.

Answers

8
Guy Azar, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Hello Dick,

San Fernando Valley has more houses to offer in that size and price range than the Bellflower/Downey/Lakewood area that usually go for more, you can find REO`S and short sale listings that are coming on the market in the price range you are looking for but they will end up selling for more than the original listing price so I would suggest for you to look in the SF Valley area and see how you like it.

Let me know if you need any help!
Ben Vorspan, Agent, Studio City, CA
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Hi Dick,

You might also want to look in the San Fernando Valley. there are plenty of homes in that price range.
Dorit & Joel…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Feb 8, 2015
Unfortunately most single family homes in city of Los Angeles are currently valued over $520,000.
Dorit & Joel…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Feb 8, 2015
Dyanna, , California
Thu Mar 26, 2009
I just showed a house last night at 8 pm, has been on the market for 4 days, submitted an offer this morning and it was accepted this evening. There were 20 offers on this particular home, but the way my purchase contract was written up and the documentation that was provided showed that we were more than qualified and we were not a risk. The property is a 2 bedroom, with a permitted bonus room, which makes it a 3 bedroom, 2 baths, a swimming pool and another gated area where the kids can play; this property is located in a great part of Norwalk.

There are homes, your agent has to be good at his/her job in order to get you in to your dream home. Now having said that, sometimes you are going to be out bid and that's okay, it happens. There are many buyers in these particular areas and the competition is rough.

If you need some guidance in these areas please call me at 323.359.7992 or e-mail me dyannaavila@hotmail.com.

Good Luck,
Dyanna
BOB Khalsa, Agent, Newhall, CA
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Dick:

I am not sure what you mean by "decent" schools. Assuming you mean the schools Academic Performance Index or API (which is a very good measure of judging a schools academic performance as a whole) the link below will take you to all the schools in Los Angeles County with their API scores for 2008. It will also compare this to 2007 score and tell you in a Yes or No whether it met the growth target.

http://api.cde.ca.gov/AcntRpt2008/2008GrthAPICo.aspx?cYear=2…

Click on the schools that you think are good to get more details, get the address and then look at properties in that zip code or area. You can also crosscheck at the LAUSD website to check if the school boundary contains your proposed home.

http://search.lausd.k12.ca.us/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=schfinder0

Bob Khalsa
Broker Owner
United America Realty
bobfoxbat@gmail.com
Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Hello Dick,

This is so possible. You just need the right agent to assist you. The early bid catches the worm. I'd be happy to assist you if you need help. You may have to go more toward $330 or a hair more to get the right home.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900