Andreadis_kim, Home Buyer in Saint Pete Beach, FL

Where do I start the process to look for vacation home near beach?

Asked by Andreadis_kim, Saint Pete Beach, FL Sat Jun 15, 2013

Looking for home near beach that adult kids and grand kids can visit. Want to recreate the experience I had as child in cottage on Lake Erie in Ohio here in Florida. Not condo ..a place of comfort and relaxation walking distance to restaurants a small community feeling.

Answers

10
Hi. I would love to help you find your home away from home near the beach. My office is on Madeira Beach and I live on St. Pete Beach. Call me on my cell at 727-541-3743 to talk about your real estate goals.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 15, 2013
Hi Kim. I would love to help you find your home near the beach. St Pete Beach and Clearwater Beach are my favorite places. Call me on my cell at 727-222-6997 and I would love to help you.

Anna Dementov - Great Homes Realty - cell:727.222.6997 - email: annadementov@gmail.com - web: http://ClearwaterEstate.com (Waterfront and Beach Luxury Specialist - Immediate Personal Service - Russian speaking realtor In Florida)
Kim: If you are still looking for a vacation spot on our lovely beach, the first thing you want to do is check out the rental term. The rule in St. Pete Beach is a 30 day minimum for single-family homes, except that three times per year, you can rent for a term of one week. Make sure that the Home Owner's Association where the house is located does not have a stricter policy. If you live far away, you will need to hire a professional to manage it for you. Absentee management is a nightmare at best. The wonderful experience you are hoping to have, is far less likely without having someone close buy to handle the repairs and issues that will come up! As St. Pete Beach is a resort community, there are a number of Brokerage firms that do vacation rentals, including my own. Fees vary slightly, but expect to pay a minimum of 20% of the gross rental price to have the Broker rent, advertise, manage, pay all applicable sales tax, etc.

Hi Kim,

You didn't mention if you are looking for a rental or purchase. If you are looking for a rental, vrbo.com is a wonderful resource. If you are looking for a purchase, we specialize in beach properties in both central and northwest Florida and would love to help you find the perfect home for your needs. I grew up in Clearwater and own a beach home in the panhandle so I know the various beaches very well and the concerns to address when buying coastal property. There are quieter areas and busier, touristy areas and then there are always intercoastal properties across the street from the beach where you get the best of both worlds cuz you can keep a boat in your back yard, get great day and night views and then walk across to the beach. It's just a matter of preference. Best of luck in finding your vacation home.

Debbie
Andreadis_kim,

As you can see there are plenty of agents willing to help you. My suggesting is to interview full time professional realtors to work with you through the process. If an agent is not doing this full time and able to make a living at it, it's probably not the person you want assisting you with a major purchase. After all it's not like buying a pair of shoes.

From what you have told us, you are looking for a single family- cottage, bungalow type place within walking distance to eating and shopping and not far from the beach. What is the minimum size requirement and number of beds and baths. What price range do you want to stay under. These are questions for your initial consultation along with any information that will give the agent a good feel for your needs and wants.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155

I'd be happy to help you find a beach home. My husband and I are both from Ohio, I from Akron, he from Cleveland. Beaches are a bit different here but especially beautiful. We have a web site, http://www.HomesAlongTheBeach.com which has all the home in the beach area sorted by city and price.. You can take a look at that to start. Also, if you tell me what size and price range, I can set up a search for you. You will recieve an email with a link to the multiple listing service (MLS) for the properties that meet your needs. Then as new ones become available you will receive an email. When ever your are ready I'd be happy to show you some homes. You can reach me at my personal email sheila@mcngroup.net or my cell at 727-656-6508. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sheila McNaughton, Realtor
MCN Group, Inc.
I can show you a nice updated beach cottage steps to the beach on the gulf side of the road for $319k.

Barry Smith
Excellent Service Realty
727-773-6677
Andreadis_kim --

Since you know the area you want to look at, and what you are looking for, the next question is how much can you afford? Will this be a primary residence or a second home? (If you are financing, the answer will make a difference.)

You need to talk to some agents, and select one to work with you.

I'd love to apply!

At your service!

Elaine

Elaine Cloud Goller, Real Estate Consultant
Realtor® Certified SFR® & BPOR®*

Taking the drama out of real estate

* Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource® and Broker Price Opinion Resource®
are certifications earned through specialized education and experience and are among the few recognized by the National Association of Realtors®

ecgoller@yahoo.com
Cell: (727) 235-8719
Office: (727) 367-3756
Fax: (727) 367-6170
http://www.onereallady.com
Keller Williams Realty - Suncoast
263 Corey Avenue, St. Pete Beach FL 33706
Each office is independently owned & operated
Hi Kim
Give me a call 407-908-4130
Pam Anderson
C21 Beggins beach properties
Start with a website called vrbo.com - its vacation rentals by owners and you can look for cottages etc there. Some places to look into for the small town feel, & walking distance to shops/restaurants would be Pass A Grille, St. Pete Beach, Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks Beach. I hope this helps, good luck!