Shukriaburl, Other/Just Looking in Memphis, TN

Where do I start, as a first time homebuyer?

Asked by Shukriaburl, Memphis, TN Tue Jun 24, 2014

Answers

5
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Jun 24, 2014
The absolutely best place to state your buying process is to review your monthly budget, accounting for all monthly income and expenditures. It's surprising how many buyers overlook this most important step when it comes to buying.

With this accomplished, you will be ready to move to phase 2 of the process which included arranging for financing and getting pre-approved for funding. Also included in this phase is finding an agent that can support your search process. Make sure you are working with an experienced full time agent that is familiar with opportunities in your target location.

Often the best way to identify an agent to work with is to attend local open houses. This activity will help you get to know some of the local inventory and provide you with the opportunity to see how these agents think on their feet and interact with the public.

Best wishes,

Bill Eckler
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
Judith Dorti…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Aug 8, 2014
I recommend doing a google search for first time homebuyer programs in your area. They usually provide assistance towards down payments/closing costs. All you have to do is take a class to better prepare you for the big step you're about to take.
Dustie Zvola…, Agent, Memphis, TN
Fri Aug 8, 2014
Hello!!!

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have about the buying process. Thanks!

Dustie Zvolanek
Fast Track Realty
901-767-8770
dustie@FTRMemphis.com
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Jun 24, 2014
Here is a link to my web site with information for first time buyers: http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/remaxflorida/index.asp?…
Elva Wormley, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Jose, CA
Tue Jun 24, 2014
I agree with Bill in suggesting you review your budget first.

The next step would be to speak with a mortgage professional. You need to get pre-approved before you shop for a home. This will help you to look within your price range.

Once you have determined how much you can really spend and are pre-approved you should find a good Realtor. I prefer referrals, so, I suggest you ask friends and family for some recommendations.

Best wishes,

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
Office (408) 615-8500
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
NMLS #331981 / BRE #01274093