Where do I go In Massachusetts to lodge a complaint about a realtor ?

Asked by Bradlee, Peabody, MA Sat Oct 2, 2010

Answers

5
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Division of Professional Licensure for the State of Massachusetts: 617-727-7406

Web Reference:  http://territoryre.com
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Like the other agents said, depending on the nature of your complaint, first start with the office manager or owner. The other avenue is to file a complaint with the State Real Estate Board. Check out the states site very informative. Good luck.
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Hi Bradlee,

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a bad experience and kudos to you for speaking out about it. First you need to confirm if they are indeed a realtor meaning a paying member of a realtor association. You can do that by searching for them at realtor.com. If they are member, I would start by calling the MA Association of Realtors on their customer service line at 800-725-6272. You can also file a complaint with the Division of Professional Licensure for the State of Massachusetts on their complaint line at 617-727-7406.

Best of luck.
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
You would go to the office manager and see if they can explain or remedy the situation. If you have a complaint they will tell you what to do. Bad customer service doesn't in itself warrant a complaint, but whatever it is (money whatever) I hope you can get things resolved.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Depending on your complaint--you way want to begin with the broker owner of the realty company, or you can complain to the local Board of Realty, or to the State Department Licensing Division.