Where do I go In Massachusetts to lodge a complaint about a realtor ?

Asked by Bradlee, Peabody, MA Sat Oct 2, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Wed Oct 6, 2010
Division of Professional Licensure for the State of Massachusetts: 617-727-7406

Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://territoryre.com
0 votes
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Like the other agents said, depending on the nature of your complaint, first start with the office manager or owner. The other avenue is to file a complaint with the State Real Estate Board. Check out the states site very informative. Good luck.
0 votes
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Hi Bradlee,

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a bad experience and kudos to you for speaking out about it. First you need to confirm if they are indeed a realtor meaning a paying member of a realtor association. You can do that by searching for them at realtor.com. If they are member, I would start by calling the MA Association of Realtors on their customer service line at 800-725-6272. You can also file a complaint with the Division of Professional Licensure for the State of Massachusetts on their complaint line at 617-727-7406.

Best of luck.
0 votes
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
You would go to the office manager and see if they can explain or remedy the situation. If you have a complaint they will tell you what to do. Bad customer service doesn't in itself warrant a complaint, but whatever it is (money whatever) I hope you can get things resolved.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Depending on your complaint--you way want to begin with the broker owner of the realty company, or you can complain to the local Board of Realty, or to the State Department Licensing Division.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Beverly Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more