Where do I begin to find out about a mortgage? Do I go to the real estate person first?

Asked by Andrew M., Brooklyn, NY Fri Mar 1, 2013

Answers

13
Javier Meneses’ answer
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Andrew, as suggested below, your first move would be to meet face-to-face with a Loan Officer. Allow them to review your credit report along with all necessary documentation so they can pre-approve you. This process will let you know exactly what you can afford and also a great opportunity to learn what your mortgage options are and get answers to all your questions.

If you're in need of a good Loan Officer to help you, I'm always available to meet face-to-face in our Brooklyn branch. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
Jean Paul Ho, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Thank you for your questions! We can definitely help you! Please call us at the office @ 1-718-875-8899 so we can schedule an appointment ASAP. We are open 7 days a week Monday Through Friday 9:00 AM to 9;00 PM Sat & Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM We are member of Brooklyn New York MLS & Manhattan REBNY MLS
For more listing visit:
http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com,

Office 1-718-875-8899
Brooklyn Real Property, Inc.
Downtown Brooklyn Office
389 Atlantic Avenue (Bet: Bond & Hoyt Street)
Brooklyn New York 11217
1-718-875-8899
Canarsie Office
9201 Flatlands Avenue (Corner of East 92 Street)
Brooklyn New York 11236
1-718-272-8988
Connie Fitzg…, Agent, Mechanicsville, MD
Fri Mar 1, 2013
I agree with Garrett! Speaking with an experienced Real Estate Agent would be most beneficial as your first step. An experienced agent will guide you in the right direction and recommend a lender in the area who has proven to be dependable in past transactions. Ask around to your friends who are home owners and see who they recommend for your area. Research, Research, Research! It is best to speak with a few different lenders and agents before you decide who you are working with. It is important to find a great fit. The Real Estate Agent will be able to advise you on what to ask the lender and how to prepare yourself before going to meet with the lender so that you are prepared and ready to ask questions.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore visit with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with...
Garrett Thill, Agent, Imperial, CA
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Hi Andrew, you can definitely find a real estate agent as well (I always recommend going to a Realtor). Although, the best thing to do before looking for homes is to pre-qualify with a lender. This way you know what you can afford, if there are issues on your credit, what your payment will look like, etc. Hope this helps you and good luck!
Cheryl Rosen…, Agent, ROSEDALE, NY
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Come to Discount home Mortgage 718-528-0645 we Have grant programs available for 1st time home buyers in brooklyn. In addition we offer free credit counseling. call Steve
located at 1 Cross Island Plaza Rosedale NY 11422
NYS Registered mortgage Broker NMLS #5829
We put the Discount in Mortgage!
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Michael Denn…, Agent, Queens, NY
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Please start the home buying process by getting preapproved. A licensed, experienced and highly recommended mortgage professional is best suited to help you select the right mortgage to help you acheive your goals. Family and friends may be able to refer you to someone or use Trulia's Find a Pro tab in the green bar to help you find the most recommended mortgage professionals in your area and review their profiles and recommendations, which should be mostly from clients. Use the Department of Financial Services website to confirm the license (NMLS #) of the mortgage professional that you've selected. And get a second opinion if you're not comfortable with the options provided. I have extensive experience helping first time buyers to become successful homeowners throughout NYC and the nearby suburbs by providing affordable mortgage solutions. For more information or free consultation in our local or Long Island office, I can be reached directly at 917.699.0183.

Michael Denniston l Cell: (917) 699-0183
Residential Home Funding, Corp.
Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator l Sales Manager
6901 Jericho Turnpike Ste. 219 | Syosset, NY 11791
Main: (516) 605-1733 | Fax: (888) 881-2557
NMLS # 24076 | Company NMLS # 34973
Mdenniston@RHFunding.com
http://www.rhfunding.com
.
Vera Gonzalez, Agent, Sterling Heights, MI
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Andrew,
start with your bank or credit union first they know you best! You could also try someone who one of your friends or family recommends. Find out what different programs that are available to you. The type of loans you are approved for can be a huge help in your home search.

Vera
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Fri Mar 1, 2013
I would suggest you get pre approval for a mortgage loan first. Then get yourself a buyer's agent.

Realtors usually like to know they are working with a buyer who has been pre approved. This way they will ONLY line up homes for viewing within your price range. Being preapproved also shows good faith on your part to the realtor. Some realtors shy away from buyers because they fear they will spend countless hours showing homes, just to find out the buyer is not yet really ready to buy anything.

Good news for you is interest rates low right now, so if you are a well qualified buyer you will be in great shape to buy.

Best of luck to you!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Jean Paul Ho, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Thank you for your inquiry! If you need to reach me immediately please e-mail me
at jphore8888@aol.com or call me at the office @ 1-718-875-8899 so we can schedule an appointment ASAP. Otherwise I will get back to you as soon as possible!

For more listing visit:
http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com,

All the Best,
Jean-Paul Ho
Licensed Real Estate Broker
E-Mail JeanPaulHo@BklynRP.com
or jphore8888@aol.com
Office 1-718-875-8899
Brooklyn Real Property, Inc.

Downtown Brooklyn Office
389 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn New York 11217
1-718-875-8899

Canarsie Office
9201 Flatlands Avenue
Brooklyn New York 11236
1-718-272-8988
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Hello Andrew,

A Realtor (like myself) needs to know what properties to show you in a price range that is comfortable for you... That's why it is best to call a mortgage lender or bank first. I recommend a mortgage lender, they have the same mortgages the banks do, but at a lesser rate.

Here is an excellent mortgage guy to call:
Greg Licciardello: 718.232.0909

He's easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.

Afterwards give me a call... I'll find you a nice house.

Luke Constantino
REMAX NEW YORK
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
261 4th Avenuue, Brooklyn NY 11215
Melissa Wigg…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Mar 1, 2013
You can get contact information for loan officers from your realtor if you have someone in mind that you plan on working with when you purchase a home. You can also contact Loan Officers directly and get pre-approved before contacting your realtor.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Mar 1, 2013
For information about a mortgage, it's always best to go to the source and consult with a loan officer, or mortgage lender.

We real estate agents are knowledgeable, but mortgages are a loan officers expertise.