Where can I find an agent who works with first time home buying for teachers?

Asked by Kikit, Arcadia, CA Tue May 5, 2009

In the Los Angeles county: covina, Alhambra, Azusa, Pasadena, & San Gabriel area.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gary Gukassi…, , Pasadena, CA
Wed May 6, 2009
Hi Kikit,

Glad to see you are using Trulia. Arcadia is one of the areas I specialize in. In addition to representing first time home buyers such as teachers we have special loan programs for teachers.

As you may know Arcadia is a hot market. Properties are moving fast…especially bank owned properties. Don’t miss your opportunity to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit for first time home buyers.

Hope you will give me the opportunity to help.

Gary Gukassian
Beverly Realty
0 votes
Dave Heck, , Arcadia, CA
Wed May 6, 2009
I have worked with 5 teachers in the San Gabriel Valley in the last few years. All but one of them have been first time buyers. I am an expert in this area. Send me an email if you would like more information.
0 votes
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Wed May 6, 2009
I am going to suggest Igor at Best Hollywood Homes. I've referred business to him before, in fact, mostly first time home buyers, and they have loved working with him!
0 votes
Melanie Mene…, , 92880
Wed May 6, 2009
Hi Kikit,

I am a teacher in LAUSD and a Realtor.

I am very familiar with issues facing teachers who are first time home buyers.

Please feel free to contact me if you need help.


Cell: (949) 514-1575
Email: gmmrealty@gmail.com
0 votes
Tom Goeders, Agent, Burbank, CA
Tue May 5, 2009
Hi Kikit,

As you may have heard, there are special loan programs available for teachers through CalHFA. Unfortunately it has been temorarily suspended at the moment, see link below:


There are, however, other downpayment assistance programs that are still available.

Most any Realtor can help you with finding a home as a first time buyer as long as they know to give some extra time for close of escrow, if a CalHFA program gets used for the purchase (teacher's or other downpayment assistance programs).

Here is the contact info for a lender who I have worked with this past year where we completed a transaction for another teacher. She will have the latest up to date info on the teacher's as well as other down payment assistance programs. She is very well versed in them.

Roberta Berthold

Golden Empire Mortgage

(310) 923-0901 Direct Line

I would be happy to help you.

Call anytime with questions.

Tom Goeders, Realtor, SRES
Keller Williams Realty
(818) 378-7602
0 votes
John Barry, Agent, Eagle Rock, VA
Tue May 5, 2009
Hi KitKit,

I'm an agent with Coldwell Banker & have lived in in Eagle Rock for nearly 20 years & know the San Gabriel Valley quite well. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime - I'd be happy to help you. My email is john.barry@coldwellbanker.com

Thanks, have a great night!

John Barry
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Cell: 323-810-7976
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
0 votes
Dyanna, , California
Tue May 5, 2009
Hello Kikit. Most agents work with first time homebuyers because those are the buyers that are saturating the market at this time. You need an agent that is aggressive and is willing to work with you to guide you in the right direction. I work those areas and if you need any assistance I would be happy to help.

Let me know.

0 votes
David Wardlaw, Agent, LaFayette, GA
Tue May 5, 2009
Check local real estate publications, I assure you there will be an ad for an agent that specializes in first time buyers.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more