Where can I find an Exclusive Buyers Agents?

Asked by Tbodley, Bessemer, AL Thu Apr 11, 2013

I need an Exclusive Buyers Agent in the Birmingham, AL area. I need one who works solely for buyers only including investors like myself.

Answers

7
David Price, Agent, Montgomery, AL
Sun Feb 5, 2017
Find an agent who does not take listings for sellers, who works only with buyers. Ask yourself this question...how can an agent get the highest price for the seller and the lowest price for the buyer in the same transaction?
Terry Stiles…, Agent, Birmingham, AL
Fri May 3, 2013
Since Alabama has 'buyer's agents,' any real estate agent can act on your behalf
to purchase a property. All real estate agents are bound by the same
code of ethics and will represent you fairly in the negotiations. The ABR
designation is an accreditation that indicates that some agents have taken
the extra course to achieve that designation.

The listing agent represents the seller. But can also act as a 'transaction agent'
on your behalf. In that case, he or she is also bound by the same code of
ethics to treat you fairly, not divulge any information to the seller with your
consent, etc.

I hope this answers your question.
Alysse Musgr…, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Feb 6, 2017
Contact the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents for a referral to an EBA in your area. http://naeba.org.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker
http://HelpUBuyAmerica.com

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
Leebeyer, Home Buyer, Birmingham, AL
Sat Aug 8, 2015
Hey Tbodley. I used an exclusive Buyer's Agent to purchase my current home in Utah and will never consider any other agent. I'm looking at moving to Birmingham next summer and will go the same route. Did you ever find an agent you can recommend?

Lee
Ginny Willis, Agent, Pelham, AL
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Look for agents that have the ABR designation
Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Fri Apr 12, 2013
You are smart home buyer. The most common misconception among other buyers is that going directly to the listing agent will give them a better deal because the listing agent will cut down his/her commission to benefit the buyer.

Wrong misconception. Once you signed up an Exclusive Buyer Representation Agreement, that realtor has the fiduciary duties to watch out for your best interest.

Inteview a few in your area and do the homework yourself. Consequently, you will find out whom you want to work with comfortably.

Best of Luck.
My point exactly. That is why I want nothing to do with seller agents. They show their loyalty to the seller. Where does that leave me as the buyer?
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013
Shelly Terry, Agent, Vestavia Hills, AL
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Perhaps you want to look for an Accredited Buyer's Agent. That means an agent who has taken specific courses in more thoroughly representing buyers but not to the exclusion of also listing houses and in the case of listing, representing sellers.
That's not what I want either. When I say exclusive I mean complete dedication to me and not the seller. Seller agents give advice that sellers want to hear not want me as the buyer wants to hear.
Flag Thu Apr 11, 2013