Where can I find a realtor that is willing to work with me, one that is not trying to sell me any piece of property?

Asked by Ana, Channelview, TX Thu Jan 3, 2013

I need someone that can show me properties in the area or tell me where to look for recent postings. I am trying to buy a house but some listings are too old and have sold or when I contact a realtor they send me 3-4 houses and try to push me to buy those.

Answers

6
Keith Jean-P…, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Referrals always work but reviews can be the next best thing. I would suggest you go on this website and/or Zillow and look for people that service the area you are looking for and have some great reviews. That way, you will be able to choose the best agent that suits your needs. Best of luck!!
Nicole Ford, Agent, Pearland, TX
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Hi Ana,

Find an agent that is willing to listen to your needs and is knowledgable of the area in which you desire to purchase. Sometimes being set up on an automatic notifier by a Realtor of properties in your desired category are helpful and that way you are able to choose from the list yourself.

Nicole Ford
Realtor and Insurance Agent
(832) 295-1432
fordproperties@att.net
http://www.har.com/nford
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hi Ana! Hire a Realtor. Have the Realtor place you on an auto-email that comes regularly, showing active listings.
Georgina Jon…, Agent, Crosby, TX
Tue Jan 15, 2013
I dont believe that a listing agent is necessarily a scammer because they are able to help you as well. We have rules and laws about that in Texas. Ask for referrals, look at reviews, but know that not all agents go out and request for their clients to give them reviews on the internet, and just because its written doesnt make it truth.

Interview several agents, ask questions, and see which one you believe to be a good fit for you. After all you will be spending a good bit of time with this person. In the Houston area most Realtors are a member of Houston Association of Realtors. You can look there as well. HAR.com
Dena Schlutz, Agent, Boulder, CO
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Yes, you need a referral to a good buyer's agent. You also may be a victim to the current LOW INVENTORY that we are experiencing in all markets. There just isn't much to chose from right now. You need to trust the person who you are working with to make a GIANT financial decision. The only way you gain trust is by researching the person and establishing that they have a good reputation and deserve your trust.

I have been in the business for 16 years and would be happy to help you find a good Realtor to work with by contacting my connections across the country and interviewing the agents with you. Give me a call.

Dena Schlutz
Owner / Broker
Estate Professionals
, ,
Thu Jan 3, 2013
DO NOT CONTACT LISTING AGENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
THEY WORK FOR THE SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
If they tell you that they can represent you both.... they are SCAMMERS(and likely a fraud)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
Talk to your friends/family/coworkers/ect.... Ask them to refer you to a good realtor they used and were happy.

Hiring your OWN representation(paid for by the seller of the home you buy) will be your best decision.

Let me know if you need a referral down there. My Agent doesn't work that far South, but might know someone.

Good Luck!!

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134