loucastagna, Home Buyer in 27615

Where can I buy a home in the 36527 area that permits me to own a few chickens?

Asked by loucastagna, 27615 Wed Oct 30, 2013

I am pre approved and looking to buy now in or outside the city limits

Hope you found what you were looking for!
The zip code above for Spanish Fort, Alabama includes a wide area. If you buy in the county you could certainly raise chickens as long as the home is not located in a subdivision that may have restrictions in place prohibiting them. If you are in the market to buy a home in this zip code feel free to call us at Shamrock Properties and we'll help you find the right house and right location. A few chickens won't present a problem for one of our agents. Thanks.
We would have to look at the zoning of specific properties. However, if they are in a newer subdivision, you can assume farm animals of any kind will be prohibited. However, if you can find a property that is in the county zone RA and with no restrictions on the deed, you should be OK.

Let me know if you'd like my help with your search. I'll be happy to assist as long as you aren't already working with another agent. Just give me a call or send an e-mail from my profile to get started.
I would suggest you call and ask the city zoning commission if they have an ordinance against owning chickens or what the requirements are. Some smaller communities allow a few for egg production as long as it is not for commercial purposes.