Where are the best quarters in Naples to buy single family homes for yearly rental or for seasonnal rentals?

Asked by Antonia-gt, Mon Sep 2, 2013

single family home should be not more then 300 K, 3 BR, 2 Bathr. and pool

Answers

19
Daniel Barto, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Long term will give you the best return because management costs are lower and so is wear & tear on the property. I've managed both types before, 20 long term properties and about 5 short term.
Short term can be great for a person that wants to use the property. It's usually a break even scenario at end of the year.
Long term is secured by yearly or longer leases. If your selective and employ a good manager to find great tenants, it can be very simple and straight forward. I can give you all details on my past experiences with investment properties. I've rarely had issues, never had to evict a tenant. In my opinion, it's all about care and responsibility. You get what you give when it comes to long term tenants.
My past clients have had an average cap rate between 5-10% and each property since 2008 has gained equity.
That being said, the days of 2009-2010 are long gone. Many foreclosures to choose from in an all cash environment. Today, things are very different and it takes time and patience to find the right investment. The advantage is that financing is easier. The downside is much less inventory to choose from. So, my best advice is to weigh all the options between property types carefully. Just because the property is a foreclosure does not mean its a good deal; not like 2009.
I hope that info helps with your question and if you want to see some previous examples of my past clients along with new listings that would be good candidates, send me and email or contact me through my profile by clicking on my picture or through the link below to my website.
Best of luck to you.

Danny Barto
Antonia-gt, Renter,
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Thank you all for your answers. Let me refine my question: What would bring me the most ROI? Yearly rental or seasonal? I see this as an investment and may purchase as many as three objects.
Hello again Antonia,
Actually, a duplex or multifamily property will give you the highest ROI. We work with several investors that are buying these types of properties, and they are doing very well. I would also like to let you know, that April is a licensed CAM and has managed whole communities of over 800 homes. We can not only help you to purchase great investment properties, but we can also provide you with qualified tenants, and also manage the properties for you. We are a total real estate service, here for all of your real estate needs. We also have the technology to work with you long distance. Contact us today and we will show you how. Have a great day!
April and Jimmy
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
Are you buying these on your own or do you have a Realtor already? Your Realtor is able to provide you all those answers if you'll give him/hr a chance. We all want to be everyone's Realtor but we know that just is not possible. Most of us here, me included are here looking for leads, prospects and eventually clients so pardon me if we come across as hungry. We are in this business to help people, but anybody that tells me they are not in it to make money is a flat out liar. I hope you hire a 24/7 agent or a team that works round the clock for you. Your want to invest your money and I believe Real Estate is by far the best option over playing the stock market. The answer to your refined questions still leaves some more questions that need to be answered. A seasonal rental in Pelican Bay will bring you greater ROI than one in the Estates for example. Have you already chosen the properties you want to buy? Sounds like you have.
Flag Mon Sep 2, 2013
LEANN ANDERS…, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
You want neighborhood with low fees and where rentals are not limited by associations.
If i can be of more help, please contact me.

Have a blessed day,
Leann
direct-239-77-1823
leannNAPLES@AOL.COM
Tom Doyle, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Your price range is too low for any best quarter in Naples where you can buy a single family home with your criteria. At anytime, at least for the next few months, your options for an acceptable single family in an acceptable neighborhood would be a few at most. Anything worthwhile that is available will be the next ones sold

You might want to consider a condo. Renter potential would be greater for both annual and seasonal than a single family in your price range
Peggy Wagner-…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
That all depends on what type of rental you are looking for. Here are some questions you might ask that will help you narrow down your choices.

1. Do you want annual or seasonal renters? (Do you want a lower rate for a full 12 months, or do you want to be able to use the place yourself for some part of the year?
2. Do you want the added value (and costs) of a golfing community?
3. Or is proximity to the beach more important.
4. Are you looking for a gated community, or do you want to avoid HOA fees to increase your bottom line?

There are numerous other questions to answer, so if you'd like to discuss, please feel free to contact me directly. I'd be happy to discuss with you.
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
34103 zipcode. We can help you....especially with bargain foreclosures. Call us toll-free at 855-627-5376. http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
Lori Fowler, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Antonia,
Please give me a call if I can be of service. This is a challenge to address your inquiry in one post. I tnk I could be of more assistance if you call. I look forward to being of service.
L
Mark Moorhead, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Mark Moorhead , real estate professional in Naples , Fl.

I specialize in investment properties in Naples and Southwest Florida. I can certain help you find the right property.
Jimmy Armstr…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Hello Antonia,

That is a question that just can't be answered from one small question. We would be happy to discuss all of your options with you to help you to achieve all of your real estate goals. There are many excellent opportunities to purchase investment properties here in Naples. Please feel free to contact us any time. We are looking forward to speaking with you.

Thank You,
Jimmy Armstrong
The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct Naples
Jimmy 239-877-3194
April 239-384-4663
AprilandJimmy@RealtyDirect.com
Bertil Nordin, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
I have 2 excellent listings for rentals. One with bundled golf, one without, both in good locations for less than $200,000.
Tom Doyle, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Hi Antonia,
Your desire to be close to the beach and or Olde Naples and within a good school district for a single family home under $300k greatly limits you from getting the best or even average ROI. For purely investment only, you get the best ROI from that property that rents well, but more importantly has the best potential for appreciation.

The Naples housing market is driven by second home buyers, not by local working couples with children in schools. Second home residents drive the economy. They are the economy. For investment, I personally favor properties that would appeal to a future second home buyer, but also would be desirable for an annual renter.

So with that criteria, it is then a matter of finding that property that can be purchased at the best price relatives to its true value. In other words, a great deal. In today's market, for any given price range there may be just a few or none available. But you are fortunate because you have a wide price range up to $300k.

There is no button in our MLS system that pulls up only the best deals. It takes a lot of work and research by agents that are very knowledgeable about the market dynamics, trends and Naples neighborhoods. Ones that have worked with many investors, and have purchase and sold many of their own properties. Come to think about it, that sounds like me.

Good deals get sold quickly. They do not stack up in inventory. But while good deals sell, other come to market.

Regarding the property for your own personal use, then you want the best value available fitting your personal criteria.

Find out a lot more about investing in Naples real estate here.
http://www.naplesx2.com/naples-florida-real-estate-report/

Glad to help
Jimmy Armstr…, Agent, Naples, FL
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Hello Again Antonia,

North Naples is going to be your best bet. The homes in this area will be in a A rated school zone for all 3 schools. Also, they will be close to the beach. These are both attributes that renters all want. we have a couple of great neighborhoods in mind for you, but don't really want to post on an open forum. We are looking forward to speaking with you, or communicating with you via private email. Please feel free to contact us any time.

The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct Naples
Jimmy 239-877-3194
April 239-384-4663
AprilandJimmy@RealtyDirect.com
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Antonia,

Yes, there are areas that are close to the beach (not on the beach or across the street) that are within the $300K range (but probably NOT with a private pool) and would be excellent rentals, but the inventory is extremely low at this time. Particularly low in areas with no HOA fees, but I agree that if I personally were buying this as a rental investment, that would me a major priority in order to make a reasonable ROI.

It is a hot market at the moment, so the sooner you can locate and purchase, the better. I have many clients looking at that exact type of property, not just investors, but a large number of customers nearing retirement age (next 3-5 years) that are just getting into the Florida market for a second home that will eventually become their primary residence.

Again, I'd be happy to help with a "no-obligation" consultation if you'd like to contact me directly to discuss. As a Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS), I can help with your particular needs as a foreign investor.
Antonia-gt, Renter,
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Thanks a lot to all of you, especially to Daniel Barto. We know now more what we want and this is what was the aim of my question. We want to buy two single family homes for annual rent as investment. In this case it's important to have good schools nearby in a good neighborhood. Now is the question which areas would these be in Naples,? We live in Germany and want to spend the winter in Florida. Therefore we want to buy a third property for our own use, which we can rent out when we aren't there. We would prefer not to have a community with all the rules for our own house. Are there any areas with good neighborhoods in our price range max. 300 K per house close to the beach and/or Oldle Naples? Where should we focus our search?
Thanks Antonia. I would start your search close to the beach and work inland. There are many properties to sort through, but that's half the battle. Finding good investment property won't be an easy search because its tough to utilize criteria like low HOA fee or 'good' neighborhood. You will have to just do a blanket search and then personally check each listing. However, Trulia does not show you all HOA fees and often has outdated listings. Especially since the southwest florida MLS just went through a major overhaul. So your best bet will be setting up a search with a realtor that sends automatic updates each time a listing comes up that matches your criteria. For your personal home, I would choose based on what's most important to you. Community amenities, beach access, pool? Just a guess, but Lely might be worth looking into. I would like to setup a listing search for you. Send me your email address and I get started. I have a waterfront investmentproperty in mind worth a look
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
Alec Emery, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
I would like to set a meeting at my office with you in the near future to discuss your investment goals and the services my company can provide. Our specialty is working with investor/owners such as yourself in selecting properties to purchase, lease and manage them for the owner and then sell the property down the road at the most ideal time. Please visit our website at http://www.naplesppm.com to take a look at what we do and contact me to discuss further.

ALEC EMERY
Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
Premier Property Management
(O) 239.321.6650
(C) 239.293.9554
(F) 888.352.8646
http://www.propertymanagementnaples.com

"We're not just a property management company, we're peace of mind."

Member: Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau, Florida Association of Residential Property Managers, Florida Realtors, National Association of Realtors, Naples Area Board of Realtors
Ray Gonzalez, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Ray Gonzalez, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
I have a 3/2 town home in a gated desirable North Naples location. Low HOA fees and a geat price. Built in 2009 and has all upgraded appliance package. 2 car garage. W/D in the home. Contact me for a no strings attached tour. $219K in this location and in this market is a great price. When will you be in Naples? If you haven't signed on with a Professional Realtor, I highly recommend you do. We are all professionals here and we can provide you with the best service. Instead of asking 20 agents for bits and pieces of information, you would be best served by going to http://www.NaplesArea.com and choosing a dues paying member of the board of REaltors to help you, Good Luck.

Ray Gonzalez
Daniel Barto, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Since your looking for rental income, be on the look out for high HOA fees. Many beautiful communities to choose from, some with reasonable fees and others that will take up all your profit. Seasonal renters tend to gravitate more towards the beach and amenities. Long term leases are geared towards safety and convenience.
I can help narrow it down for you with some additional details.
Best of luck with your investment property search!

Danny Barto
Web Reference:  http://GalleonProperties.com
Mike Rivera, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Sep 6, 2013
The 2 are different for an investment asset based on NOI your question should be what is the cash on cash return sought and the cap rate BDS. Most of naples in left out of the that equation based on high GRM ratios. after looking at some of these answers pushing to purchase a 300k pool home, Indicates most of these brokers are residential agents and have no understanding on what you want your capital to do on an investment asset in the risk to reward field. seasonal rentals barley cover cost 0 cap rate but appreciation is gained over time- income assets on cash flows strictly need to adhere rental rates to cost and deferred maintenance due to age. call me if you serious about understanding the analytics of this market. and making a move, every property has to stand on market metrics and case by case. Note: small commercial assets fair better than residential as well with approximately the same price point, high p sqft rate and no landlord tenant act to protect the lessee.
Mike Rivera, CIB,ABR®
Investment Real Estate Analyst
Naples Fl
http://about.me/MikeRiveraSR

MikeRivera@Embarqmail.com
Mike Rivera, Saggio Realty Inc
Star Capital Group Investments