Miles? How many? Our market consists of 800 sq. miles business is often referred, to other RealtorsÂ®. You are free to work with anyone as long as you have not signed an exclusive buyerâ€™s agency agreement. If itâ€™s still in the same area 10 miles then you need to be loyal to your RealtorÂ® if they show knowledge of the area and are doing a good job. What follows are guidelines for choosing a good RealtorÂ®: Picking a RealtorÂ®; you should interview several RealtorsÂ® before making a decision. Do not solely rely on a referral! Do the work yourself and interview several. Hereâ€™s a short check list of questions to ask & things to consider:
1) The paperwork involved in this process is extremely complicated, having stated this It is important that a Realtor be â€œpracticed at our tradeâ€ pick a RealtorÂ® which has completed 15+ transactions the previous year
2) Interview 3-5 full time RealtorsÂ® (very few part-time agents have the same skills as a person who works Real Estate on a full time basis)
3) Do a basic back ground check on your RealtorÂ® use a site like PIPL or just goggle their name, this usually turns up items such as lawsuits, bankruptcies or other items which you feel might interfere or conflict with a RealtorÂ® representing your best interest. Ps: this does not work for a John Smith
4) Once you have interviewed your potential RealtorsÂ® and if you are still unsure and want a â€œtrail runâ€ sign an exclusive buyers agency for 48 hours with the RealtorÂ® and explain if all goes well in the beginning then you will be willing to commit for 1- 3 months.
5) Work with a RealtorÂ® which is local to your area. Meaning a 10-20 mile radius, they will know the schools, shopping and the growth potential of the area without having to go look it up!
Before you even start this process consider purchasing the book by Dave Ramsey â€œThe Total Money Makeoverâ€ this will provide valuable information in regard to having a successful financial life & make a prudent home purchase!
Thatâ€™s your list! Good Luck!