When making an offer on a house listed at $250K in Burkburnett?

Asked by Movingsoon, Texas Sat Apr 18, 2009

When making an offer on a house listed at 250K in Burkburnett, TX, what is a realistic, non-offensive, offer generally speaking, 80%, 85% of the listing price? Your advise please. Thank you.

Answers

1
Bobby Beck, , Wichita Falls, TX
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Hopefully you can accept this answer. Homes that are listed with a real estate agency, have had an extensive comparable value analysis done, that shows the seller what the house is worth on todays market. Taking your type of reasoning, and going a little further with it, what will you take for your home that you paid 230k for, when its time to sell. Market may suggest its now worth 275k, but the potential buyer wants to offer you even less than what you gave, and not actually what its worth. This type of low-bidding actually hurts the industry, and will eventually bite you when you sell. I run my own analysis for my buyers, I look at the tax appraisal, I look at so many other things to let them know if a home should have a lower offer than the asking price. I suggest you find a competent buyers agent, and let them run the numbers for you. You will have access to all their information and data. And you can then find a price to offer. There is no general rule to low bidding an offer. More times than not, it will backfire, and you could lose the home you have set your sights on. Also, will you be asking for sellers concessions? Home warranty? Things that lower the sellers net, like these mentioned, should be taken into consideration when making an offer. Closing costs for a buyer could be costly, in the thousands of dollars easily. Are you coming out of pocket for those and your down payment, along with other incidentals? Pest inspection, surveys, termite treatments, and other things are already being asked for in my buyers offers. Lower the price too? Call a realtor, and get the bottom answers, please. By the way, there are some super homes in Burk. Good hunting!