When it says public record, does that mean it is not for sale?

Asked by Janelle Gillum, Naples, FL Mon Oct 8, 2012

Answers

14
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Oct 8, 2012
No.

The two are not related.

Public record means information that's collected by, and made public by, your local (or for other matters state or federal) government. For example, in most states the public record for real estate will tell you who owns the property, when the property was bought, and what the tax assessment is. Usually (not always) it will show what the current owner paid for the property. It may also show such things as the lot size, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, and more. All of that's collected by the local government and is available for the public--hence, "public record."

All that information is available for all properties--the ones for sale as well as the ones not for sale.

I am interested in a piece of property that was selling for 50,000 it was posted for a long time like that then today I went in and saw that Public record posted where the for sale post used to be and they took down all photos but 2 of them! I am nervous as I want to buy this property is has lots of issues but I am patient! I could fix it the way I want it! Does this mean it has been sold?
Flag Sat Dec 31, 2016
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Public record usually means that the person/company that listed the property on Trulia is pulling the data from the county assessor's public records. They usually list any properties that they see that are in pre-foreclosure or are bank owned. Many times they are not actually listed for sale yet.

You can search for properties in the MLS on my web site at tammyhayesre.mfr.mlxchange.com. You can also search our company web site at http://www.greenlionrealty.com and it will give you information about different communities in Venice as well as nearby cities. If you scroll to the bottom of the page in that community, it will give you the current listings just for that community.

If I can answer any questions or help with anything else, please contact me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Nicely explained.
I appreciate people who offer help, although I'm not in Fl.
Thank You
Flag Sat Aug 13, 2016
Nicely and clearly explained.
I precise people offering to help although I'm not in Fl.
Thank You.
Flag Sat Aug 13, 2016
Roger Haman, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
No public records show all deeds,tax information and mortgages they are for public to see.if I can help you find a home please let me know at 941-321-0017.

Thank you

Roger Haman
Sandals Realty
Broker/Associate
Janelle Gill…, Home Buyer, Naples, FL
Tue Oct 9, 2012
I hope I made it clear that where I mean is on the trulia listing for a property in the upper left most of the time it will say "for sale". But on some properties it says "public record" and on most of these there is no picture.
I saw a condo that was listed on sale and after 3 days it changed to public record. does that mean
it's still on sale?
Flag Tue Jul 12, 2016
Marcrazy5150, Home Buyer, Venice, FL
Sat Apr 22, 2017
Want a free search for a property
Blossomberko…, Renter, 78753
Tue Dec 27, 2016
I have the same question!
Often I look at home and it is for sale
Then a few months later it says public record. It seems that it's part of the process of foreclosure. Obviously you can go into the public records for any property and get info. So why do some listings that are simply for sale- change and say public record?
Csumlin, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Jul 1, 2016
What does public records mean
Adriannajp, Home Buyer, Two Rivers, WI
Mon Jul 6, 2015
Can you still live in that house if it says that?
Rick Taylor, , Venice, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
No, all land and tax information is public knowledge.
Margaret Ama…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Hi Janelle, In my experience this has nothing to do with whether it is for sale or not. Certain information may be derived from the public record e.g.the living space quare footage of a listing.
Charryl Youm…, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Hi, Janelle.

I noticed that we have not yet given you that site for Sarasota County public records information:

For the Tax Assessor's Office, which has lots of good info, try:

http://www.sc-pa.com

Thanks, and best of luck to you.
Jim Soda, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Excelent answer from Don. Public Tax record is available on County sites. Property tax records will also show if property is in foreclosure or lis pendence. It will include much of the property information. Sales, transfers, square footage, real estate taxes and current owners.
Jim Soda .. TheSodaGroup.com
Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch
Serving the greater Sarasota and Lakewood Ranch areas.
Janelle Gill…, Home Buyer, Naples, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Thank you. We will be in the area 10/19 and will drive around. We are from Ohio and looking for a place in Florida.
Hello, I am planning to move from FL to PA and we live 25 minutes from
Hello, We live 25 minutes from Destin/San Destin FL area. Absolutely gorgeous but family set the precedence and therefore we are going to sell. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1.30 acres and a mother-in law suite that we are trying to bring to code. A pretty good package deal. Had an unexpected offer last week. Someone please feel free to contact me at Steve.denise@cox,net or 8503986647. We are racing. Thank you!!!
Flag Sun Sep 11, 2016
Hello, Janelle. If you email me directly with your wishlist and budget, I can email you some listings to consider - and check out while you are here. Thanks!
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012
Charryl Youm…, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Hello, Janelle. If you are looking in the Venice area, at zip code 34293, please note that:

1. The local MLS has a public access area, where you can see fresh and correct data - and everything on the market. Try http://www.myfloridahomesmls.com. It's not affiliated with any broker - it's a public domain, free and easy to use.

2. I live and work in Venice, so I know that there are other zip codes you might want to check in Venice:

34292, which is the corridor around Venice Avenue (leading to the beach and historic district)
34285, which is Venice Island and some areas just off the Island, but, again, close to the beach
34275, which includes North Venice, and a small, sister City of Nokomis, right next door

34293 is the biggest area in Venice, but not the only area. I don't want you to miss a thing!

3. If you like the satellite view that Trulia offers, you can try my website at http://www.searchforvenice.com. It also offers street view, which is kind of cool (it lets you walk around the house and the neighborhood), a daily updated listed of all Venice foreclosures, and is also FREE and easy to use.

I never bug anyone who uses my website, so you can play at will.

I hope that helps!