kristi.denni…, Home Buyer in Suffolk, VA

When is too early to start looking for a new home?

Asked by kristi.dennis22, Suffolk, VA Fri Aug 16, 2013

Answers

4
Mark Edwards, Agent, Suffolk, VA
Tue Jan 14, 2014
Kristi,

It's never too early to start looking for a home- it's the biggest investment people make in their lives and the more you look and do your research, the better you will be.

It used to be that people would look for an average of 6 months and around 56 homes before they bought...that was an old survey of 1,100 buyers in the 90's. It's all changed.

Now, people spend an average of 1-4 years discussing it, talking about it, thinking about it. Then they spend an average of 90 days of online research, looking at homes online, websites, etc. Then they go out and look at the ones they've narrowed down. (Based on a national survey of a homebuyers last year)

We have two new home communities in the area- Founders Pointe in Isle of Wight County. There are 11 builders and over 12 homes under construction in different stages. The other is The Riverfront at Harbour View. We have 8 different builders actively building new models. I recommend you come out and see what they're offering, see the latest trends, and compare. It will help you formulate what you like and don't like in a home.

Good Luck! Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Mark Edwards GRI, CSP
Senior Vice-President/Broker
East West Realty
(757) 288-7584

Founders Pointe The Riverfront Liberty Ridge Gatling Pointe
757-238-9009 757-638-9100 757-288-7584 757-288-7584

http://www.eastwestcommunities.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Aug 16, 2013
It is TOO EARLY if you have ZERO money saved.
It is TOO EARLY if your credit score is below 600.
It is TOO EARLY if you have more than six months on your lease.
It is TOO EARLY if you are recently or going through a divorce.
It is TOO EARLY if you are brand new to your job.
It is TOO EARLY if you have completed a SS or BK within the past 2 or 3 years.
It is TOO EARLY if you have not downloaded and read the geneeric home buyer guides from Trulia or Remax.com.
-
When you have downloaded and read the generic HOME BUYER'S guides from Trulia or Remax.com (to familiarize yourself with the terms in use) it's time to call a real estate professional. There are simply too many variables regarding your situation, requirements and needs to submit instruction that won't be deceptive. If you are looking to buy a home in Florida, I can send you my highly specific "Florida Home Buyer's Guide."
-
Many Suffolk, VA agents will respond AND provide you their telephone number. If you are serious you will pick up the phone and schedule a meet up.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Serious people call!
Serious people need reliable data.
Lori Jeltema, Agent, Newport News, VA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
...or text me- any sorry for the typos- it's early!
Lori Jeltema, Agent, Newport News, VA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Hi kristi,

It depends on where , when and what you want to buy. Some sales take nine months to close, some houses will take that long to build. I would suggest talking to an agent one year out if you think you may be buying. Get trained on the different tile if sales and areas. I live and work in Suffolk and have been full time agent in this area for many years. If you do not have an agent and want to talk, feel free to call or email me. Lorijeltema@cox.net or 719-3986. Good luck