Asked by Pat, Belleville, IL • Wed Dec 10, 2008
I recently made an offer on a house, through my buyers agent, and it was accepted. However, there was a pending contingency offer from another buyer. While waiting to see if this other offer was going to be accepted, I found another house and wanted to make an offer on it. My agent informed me that I couldn't, because if the other buyers contingency bid fell through, I'd be legally bound to my offer on the first house.
Can this possibly be true? Are my hands tied because a seller accepted my offer in the event that his first offer fell through? Thank you.
Real Estate in Belleville
Popular Categories in Belleville
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!