Whats the best way to find open houses in an are you do not live in? What day are open houses usually listed?

Asked by Logana3711, Orlando, FL Tue Jun 5, 2012

Answers

7
Michelle P.…, Agent, Altamonte Springs, FL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Good Evening

I just saw your question and just had to send you a response.

I work from the Longwood office and hold open houses weekly.

Please contact me when you can and let me ascertain your preferred location.

I will do my best to seach for open house locations for you or arrange for you to see what is available within your catchment area.

What better than an open houses than a showing with your Realtor who is educated in your wants and needs in your home? Who you can contact direct for daily status updates on properties?

You will really need this knowledge and commitment in today's market place.

Changes are occuring daily to the status of our MLS listings.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Michelle Bardsley
Weichert Realtors, Hallmark Properties (Longwood office)

Direct: (40)7 619 1961
Email: michelle606@gmail.com
http://www.weichert.com

http://www.zillow.com/profile/MichelleBardsley/
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Open houses are typically held on Sunday. except when they are open on Saturday. The agent can choose to have an Open House at 12 noon for an Open House Lunch Time special any day of the week.

For the most part, Open Houses attract street traffic and unaffiliated buyers. Because of this pattern, many open houses are scheduled at the spur of the moment, or when opportunity is present.

What we do know is that open houses are conducted for homes that are for sale. Your best option is to contact a real estate professional in the area in which you have interest and share what you are looking for in a new home and the type of community in which you would thrive.

The agent will send you a list, perhaps a long list of homes on the market. You must look at these home ON-LINE and make comments regarding the homes you like and dislike. If possible include a why statement. With knowledge of your tastes and preferences, your agent will be able to arrange a tour of homes for sale at your convenience. That may be a more comprehensive approach than free lancing in an ad-hoc environment. Now, free lancing is like finding a good low cost bottle of wine...you can celebrate when you get a good outcome, but you consume a lot a stuff in the meantime.

Of course, you can always use a MOBILE APP to search the MLS of the area in which you have interest. Agents so inclined will have posted their open house location and times. This is a dynamic detection site and will switch to mobile version when you use your phone to access it.

www. FloridaRealEstateMadeEasy.com

Best of success in your Open House adventures.
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Lets assume you want to go to open houses because you have NOTHING else in your life to do, and you are not looking to buy a house.
To what end?

So if you only select open home between 100,000 and 300,000 the question is , what are they worth?

So you see a home listed at 250,000 whos value is 150,000 and you are approved at 100,000, just why would you show up? Do you think you can buy a 150,000 dollar home for 100,000? Guess what, the market place will find another buyer to offer 150,000. You are not going to buy a 150,000 home for 100,000.

By all means, go to all the open homes you want to go to, have fun, enjoy yourself, free cokes and cookies, but when you are ready to buy a home, call a professional Realtor who will get you going in the right direction to buy a home.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Besides Realtor.com, try Trulia.com.......and Zillow,com for lists of open houses in your preferred area. You might also check to see if the local MLS offers online open house listings.

Best wishes........
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Going to open houses is one of the largest waste of EVERYBODY'S time.

I can not think of one good reason why a serious buyer would want to go to a open house.

Not a single one.

Logana, lets go to a open house at $56,000,000 dollars list price then run over to another at
$19,000 dollars, just because they are open and you want to see them???
Which one would you buy? Pick one!

I have never taken a client to a open house (except at builder homes), and not likely to do so.

What I need to help you is:
1. What you are looking for
2. What your lender will approve

Then, we go look at homes you want and your lender will approve. Any other approach is a waste of everyones time.

John
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Realtor.com or openhouse.com should help you!
Howard Vogin, , Boca Raton, FL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Many are listed on the MLS, so if you are working with an agent they will be able to find them. You can also search for them on realtor.com. In general a lot of homes never have an open house, so if you really want to see everything that is out there it is best to find a good agent in your area and have them search for you.

Good Luck

Howard Vogin