Whats included in HOA fee at Bahama Bay

Asked by sarahhaleswork, Davenport, FL Mon Jun 4, 2012

I am currently considering buying a vacation condo in Bahama Bay. I plan to use it for family but want to rent it out to help cover costs (no mortgage but HOA costs, outgoings etc) I know BB has high HOA fees but what exactly is covered?

Answers

10
Ryantmcguire, Home Buyer, Davenport, FL
Sun Jul 2, 2017
High HOA fees and the employees are rude on property and rooms are dirty
Ryantmcguire, Home Buyer, Davenport, FL
Sun Jul 2, 2017
Mfjm74, Home Buyer, Kissimmee, FL
Fri Jun 13, 2014
I have to agree to disagree with Margus. If you think about what's in the HOA, it is all the things you'll probably have to pay anyway. Most HOAs that are lower don't include some of those things e.g. some don't even have internet and TV and you would have to pay that separately. So, if you look at it that way, it is not really a bad deal.

Does anyone realize that the management company is actually Wyndham? For some reason that is never stated in the listings. I am an owner and I went with an external offsite company and regretted it. I switched to Wyndham and within a few days, I had two months booked up and more coming in. I'm booked right into 2015! Yes, you can save money with an external management company but you won't get as much bookings; getting into the Wyndham program allows the villa to be marketed within Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com etc. In their program, you are pretty much going to get around 70-75% bookings on your villa. The more you do up your villa, the higher it would be on the priority list of bookings as they rate each villa accordingly. That is a pretty high % considering you aren't doing anything and letting them doing things. I supplement the other 10ish percent with putting it on VRBO which has proven very successful. With the nature of the villa and vacation seasons, you can pretty much right off 10-15% of your villa being not booked a year. This business model is going so good that I'm looking to buy a few more but there is not much attractive ones for sale @ Bahama Bay at good price as all the good ones were already bought within the last couple of months. Last time I saw there were only 2-3 left sale. Owners are knowing it now and they are inflating the prices.
I am interested in purchasing a condo at this resort as well for vacation use and to rent it out to help offset expenses. How much does Wyndham charge as the property manager?
Flag Sat Feb 4, 2017
Margus Mahar, , Orlando, FL
Sat Mar 15, 2014
Hi Sarah,

Bahama Bay is a beautiful community, but its monthly fees are too high (my personal opinion). There are better choices that will not charge as much. There is a reason why there are so many units for sale in Bahama Bay and at lowest prices. There are almost no other communities that have similar properties for sale for this low price.

Additionally, if you were planning on using the on-site management company, you will have to pay a large percentage towards management and booking fees. Naturally, you will always going to have those fees, but there are better alternatives. My company, JC Penny Realty, does a lot of business in the area. Mostly vacation rentals, yet Bahama Bay is one of the communities we sell very rarely.

I would gladly show you monthly outgoing fees and how much you'd need to generate to break even. Also send you other properties in the area, which I personally would recommend to consider. Feel free to contact me. My details are below.

Margus Mahar, Realtor®
Specializing in Luxury and Investment Properties
- Certified 203K Renovation Specialist
- Advanced Construction Expert (ACE)
- Dream Team Professional TM
http://www.FLhomedeal.com
J.C. Penny Realty, LLC.
8701 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 200
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Phone: 321-388-6856
Email: margus@jcpennyrealty.com
Skype: margus.mahar
Bernard Scar…, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Sat Mar 15, 2014
BAHAMA BAY CONDO: $481 per month
Bldg Exter, Cable, Comm Pool, Ground Mtnce, Bldg Insur, Roof, Security, Tennis Court, Rec Faclty, Trash Remv, Water/Sewer

Thank you
Bernard Scarpa
American Ideal Homes, LLC
Office Hours are 7 days a week 9:00 Am to 9:00 PM EST
Cell # 407-572-3022
Fax # 407-957-5843
btscarpa@aol.com
Brock Lee, , New York, NY
Wed Mar 12, 2014
Having a resource to help with HOA information and documents makes life easier for real estate agents. Recently, when selling a home in Ohio, Association Online provided me with all the HOA details for the listing, and then provided all the documents - by-laws, financial statements, covenants, etc. They made sure the package was complete, making my work easier. Their web site is well organized and very easy to use - http://www.associationonline.com . Call their team of experts – they are great to work with (970-226-1324).
Markrlord, Home Buyer, Davenport, FL
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Any condo owners at Bahama Bay?
How many weeks per year is it rented out on average?
Mark
Bernard Scar…, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Hello, Sara,

Please let me know if you are still looking for a property.

I specialize in income producing properties in the Disney area. (Central Florida short term rentals,vacation homes,second homes) I have been an investor for 17 years in this area as well as helping others invest in Florida properties. 90% of my sales in the Disney area are international buyers. I am sure I can help you find a very good vacation/income property that you can use at any time you want to use the home.You can call me at any time and we can talk in depth about how the best way for you to purchase a property, what is needed for you to start the process, managers taking care of your property and what they charge, how bookings/guests are placed in the property and the fees involved and what kind of income you will receive in all the different communities in the area. Every community close to Disney has a little different income ability. This is where I come in. You do not want to be to far from Disney. Please contact me and I will answer all your personal questions over the phone. It's best to answer all your questions before we start looking at properties. You can call me at 407-572-3022 or email me at btscarpa@aol.com

Thank you
Bernard Scarpa
American Ideal Homes, LLC servicing all of your Florida Real Estate Needs.
Income producing properties
Disney Florida Vacation Property Investment Specialist
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist
Office Hours are 7 days a week
9:00 Am to 9:00 PM EST
Cell # 407-572-3022
Fax # 407-957-5843

btscarpa@aol.com
Penny Barman, Agent, Davenport, IA
Sun Jan 13, 2013
I am staying at Bahama Bay while we are remodelling our home in Dr Phillips. The HOA fees have just been reduced this year to $482 p.m.for a 3/2 condo. They include:

Wifi
Cable tv with over 90 channels
Outside maintenance of property
Pest control
Insurance of property
Water
Trash removal
Gate Security
Mosquito Spraying of resort
4 Heated swimming pools
Sundry shop
Check in desk
Floodlit Tennis court
Landscaping

If you add all this up it really is good value. All that is left to pay would be property taxes at 1.6 millage, electricity, contents insurance.

There are a number of units available for around $80,000.

I hope this helps.
Becky Burke, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 4, 2012
The HOA is approx $509/month and includes 24 hour security, maintenance of the community areas, building exterior, building insurance, roof, ground maintenance, trash removal, recreation facilities, cable.

It's a beautiful guard-gated community offering 24 hour reception,3 pools, 3 restaurants, tennis, volley ball, gym, cinema, spa,etc. It also has it's own beach/dock area.

Please let me know of you need additional information or if I can be of any assistance.

Becky Burke
Real Living Classic Homes Realty
352-394-1473
BeckyBrealtor@yahoo.com
What the management at Bahama Bay are doing as well is charging for the use of the club house and phone, which makes a extra $80 per month, so the payment each month is going to around $581.25 some thing that no one tells you about,
Flag Sun May 7, 2017