What would you consider to be the most expensive areas in Los Angeles? Beverly Hills, Bel Air,

Asked by Jm, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jun 4, 2008

Brentwood, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, etc? What would be the top 5 in the red area on this website http://guests.themls.com/?tab=search

Answers

13
Jeffrey White, Agent, Beverly HIlls, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
To answer the question more exactly, the top 4 highest priced CLAW areas are Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Pacific Palisades.
Aida Pinto, , Pasadena, CA
Fri Jun 6, 2008
You can search the MLS for free at my website http://reolicensedspecialist.com
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
The number on the tax site is related to what it sold for last, not ness. what its value is now. There are quite a few distress properties in the Hills. If you were my client, I would recommend that you purchase a property that you love and can stay in for at least 10 years if money is an issue. I wouldn't recommend purchasing now with hopes to make a profit in 5 years. No one can ever predict, but I suspect the market will be flat for a while. Again, it depends on the exact property, the condition, improvements you might do etc.
Irina Netcha…, Agent, San Marino, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Hi Jim,

San Marino is right next to Pasadena a bit to the East of the Red area on the MLS map.

Hollywood Hills is a great area. It has some very expensive homes and some that are smaller and less expensive. I agree wtih Rebecca that it's an area for a particular type of buyer. People either love or hate Hollywood Hills.

i don't think that you can compare it with Brentwood or Beverly Hills. It's just very unique.

I would ask you realtor to give you a historic analysis of what the prices have been doing in HH over the last five years as well as the trend over the last 6 months or so. That should help you make your decision.

Ray Calnan, , Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Hidden Hills should likely also be near or at the top of the list.
Web Reference:  http://www.charityar.com
Jm, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
This particular property is valued on the Los Angeles tax office website at about 1 million. I'm hoping to buy it in the 600s and in 5 years or so sell it at a profit. Recent sales around the home support the price.
Wed Jun 4, 2008
I think it really depends on the exact property and the street in the Hills. It's always been desirable, but it's more for a certain buyer. Not a lot of families, more couples and singles.
Jm, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Well I have an offer in on a house in the Hollywood Hills and a friend and I were discussing where it ranks in terms of other neighborhoods. For example, if I moved into the Hollywood Hills and in 5 years wanted to move to a less expensive community, what would be my options? I thought that the Hollywood Hills was one of the top communities so I would have many options. My friend disagreed and thought that the Hollywood Hills would not be so highly ranked. So, I'm just curious for other opinions.
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Again, it depends on the property in the Hills. There are some very expensive properties there, also some not so expensive. Curious as to what you are trying to find?
Jm, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Thanks for your answer Rebecca. Where would Hollywood Hills fall in your list?
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Pacific Palisades, Bel Air, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Malibu and Santa Monica...but each depend on the neighborhood.

Just south Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes and Rolling Hills are all exclusive areas.
Jm, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Thanks for your input! Is San Marino and La Canada in the red area on this map? http://guests.themls.com/?tab=search
Also, I was hoping people could provide a ranking of what they think are the top 5 or 7 or so. Thanks!
Irina Netcha…, Agent, San Marino, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Hi Jim,

I'd add San Marino and La Canada to the list.

Irina