What would be the approx. monthly utility costs for a 1500 sq. ft. home? Considering purchase of a 2nd home within 55 active adult community

Asked by Cocoa, Mesa, AZ Thu Aug 4, 2011

Answers

7
Brenda & Ron…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Cocoa,

It will depend upon the individual home as some will have better windows, or more of them, and different amounts of insulation. You can call the power companies on each home you are considering. Although this will also vary according to how each person used their utilities etc. SRP, which will be most of the homes in Mesa is 602-236-8888. SRP also has time of use which can save you money if you use less electricity during the more expensive times of day. You can also have more insulation added to the attic which will reduce your bills even further,

If we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to call.

Kindest Regards,

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
**Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"
602-980-3133
Michael Land…, , Mesa, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Your electric bill will average $100-$125 a month, your city bill (water,sewer,garbage) will be approx. $50. I have an excellent property in one of the best Adult Communities in Arizona (Leisure World) 2384 Leisure World is 1700 sq. ft. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage for $175,000. Thank you. 480-577-3873 Mike
That is an big embellishment for the bill, I have 1400 sq ft and my electric bills range from $11-$50 dollars. The only time my bill get that big is when I am running the AC in the summer time.
Flag Sat Jun 22, 2013
Not an agent, , Mesa, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Hi Cocoa,

You can call the power company (SRP or APS - APS website has an option for you to put in an address and get the average. I don't know about SRP), give them the address and they should be able to give you the monthly average of what the past owners paid. If the property has been vacant for a while they will be unable to give you an average/answer.
Web Reference:  http://www.soldbyJulissa.com
Brenda Rowen…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Hi Cocoa, The utility price will vary depending on the energy efficiency of the home. But, when you find a property you can contact the electric company and they can tell you what it has been running. But, depending on how the utilities have been used prior by the occupant that may differ from your usage. Summer is a bit high but the rest of the year it may be down to next to nothing. I recommend that you look for homes that have some energy efficiency or look at how you can add that in the future by window replacement etc. I you find a home you like let me know and I will help you get the information you need. Thanks, Brenda
Randy Hooker, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Too many variables to give you a reliable estimate: age of the house, energy features (or lack thereof), seer rating of the A/C, age of the A/C, thermostat settings, how many people/pets living there, etc., etc. Make sense??
Henry Beckman, Agent, TEMPE, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
There are many different factors involved: How much sun exposure the home gets, the efficiency of the A/C unit, the type of windows and installation, age of the home, your personal settings, does it have a pool, when do you do your laundry, dishes, ect.. There are so many variables that play into this, its not possible to give you an answer without knowing the facts first. You can call the power company (SRP or APS), give them the address and they should be able to give you the monthly average of what the past owners paid.
Karla Dent, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Thu Aug 4, 2011
When you find a home you are seriously considering, you can call SRP or APS and they will give you a 'high and low' based on the previous owners' usages. Everyone uses their electric different and temperatures. This will also vary depending on the age of the home, insulation (inspection should tell you this information), construction (block,2x4 or 2x6), etc. Hope this helps. If you need help my mobile is 602-999-4663. Karla Dent, Broker, Atlas Realty
Good Luck Cocoa!