Home Buying in Evanston>Question Details

jausten97, Home Owner in Evanston, IL

What would be a reasonable cost per square foot to put an addition on a home in the Oakton School area 65202?

Asked by jausten97, Evanston, IL Fri Aug 24, 2012

how much for a 1154 sq ft addition in morepark ca. single story split forced air unit one bath juccuzzi tub seperate shower 2 sinks elec 20 resses lights and remoldle kitchen

As you know, renovation/addition projects can vary greatly in price, depending on the scope and quality level of the construction. Rather than focusing on the price per square foot, I think it's more important
to make sure that the work you do and the money you spend are not out of line with the majority of homes on your block.. Whether you're planning to sell soon or in the distant future, you want to get a good return on your investment. Make a list of priorities for your project and then get several bids from contractors--their quotes will help you determine a reasonable price for the project.

I've lived through several renovation projects and I can tell you that as long as you're patient and keep a sense of humor, the end result will be well worth the time and money.

Dayle Lively

Really depends on the finishes and amenities you plan to add, i.e. plumbing, electrical , etc.

Call Leo Calderon 708-955-9229 with Caldero Construction or visit his website http://www.calderoconstruction.com.

$150/sq ft for an addition. $300/sq ft for kitchen. Many things will affect these prices, such as hardwood or carpet, how easy is it to run heating ducts, etc.
I would imagine new construction additions run between 110-150 sq. ft. depending on what kind of room. Bathrooms and kitchen additions always cost more.