What would be a good price, at this point in time, for Hawthorne Plan - 3 home in San Ramon?

Asked by Matt, 94582 Thu Apr 16, 2009

Hawthorne
Plan -3 residence
4099 sq. ft
Lot size about 8000 sq. ft

Answers

8
Sk, Home Buyer, Sanjose
Fri Apr 17, 2009
I don' t think hiding the information about the sale price by few agents will Stablize the market without broader economy improving . Ultimately the Affordability and income level will Sustain the price level . Thanks to Internet even attempt to hide such information won't success . I do understand their need to get the client and that is natural given their profession.
Michael, Home Buyer, San Ramon, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
There isn't a real premium, but it all depends on the situation. Sometimes, they're cheaper, sometimes they're more. It all depends on lot, location, upgrades, when the home is completed, financing deals, etc. Too many factors to say one way or another.
Michael, Home Buyer, San Ramon, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Hi Matt,

I would say start around 880k, depending on the lot location and the upgrades they already include. Here's why:

Comp 1 at 870k - smaller lot, short sale,
http://www.rockcliff.com/Search/PropDetail.aspx?listingID=18…

Comp 2 at 900k - much smaller lot, but inside looks nice, landscaping done
http://www.rockcliff.com/Search/PropDetail.aspx?listingID=12…

Comp 3 at 900k - smaller lot but with park view

Comp 4 at 950k - also a hawthorne home, 8700 sqft lot, back to open space, probably the best comp, you figure it's only ~200sqft smaller, but with a bigger lot. minus broker co-op, you're looking at 900k for the one you want, depending on upgrades. and to start with a lower price, around ~880k with some upgrades thrown in is reasonable

What's the current list price of the home and what's included other than standard options? Also, is the lot flat and/or back to open space? That will drive the price you would want to offer?

Michael
AJ Cohen, Agent, Danville, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Things will only get better.
It is my job to get buyers. Would you rather I send out a sheet that shows all the data that I use for my clients or post prices that I believe you should be able to attain. How would that help you? You would take the same information that every other reader gets from me on here and run to the seller demanding that price based upon X,Y and Z and then after you buy the home and the values continue to degrade based upon data that I am giving to everyone else about what my last home sold for or other homes sell for through tax data(which could be yours). They go out and get a better deal and then we perpetuate a lowering market that in the end hurts all of the buyers that I have worked with in the past. I keep it personal, I build a relationship, I share data over the phone with my clients, we go out directly and talk with Betsy or Sharon or any of the other agents I know and we work side by side to get you the best deal possible. Do you see any past buyers on this site sharing with you the amounts that they paid for their home? Not many if any, they are protecting their investment and I have that same responsability.
Best of luck to you on your search.
AJ
thingswillge…, Both Buyer And Seller, San Ramon, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Matt,

just curious, why don't you go with Lennar because all the upgrades that will cost you lot of money will be free with Lennar + solar power
Thu Apr 16, 2009
I have seem posting from AJ for quite some time. He posts some answers like this and when you really ask him he never replies back to the forum. I think he is just playing to get a client.
Matt, Home Buyer, 94582
Thu Apr 16, 2009
AJ,

Thanks for your response. No I have not registered but am aware of the offerings, esp. the lots you refer to.

However, Santorini and Hawthorne are by the same builder (Brookfield Homes). Not sure how you plan on playing one community Vs. the other, both by the same builder.

Probably, I should have rephrased the question as, "At this point in time, how much the builder would be willing to negotiate on the list price and how much upgrade do you think they would be willing to throw in".

For me the most important criteria of selection of a realtor is "negotiability", other things remaining constant.
Depending on yours/others' response, I might be willing to hire one.
AJ Cohen, Agent, Danville, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Hi Matt,
I am not sure if you have been to register at Hawthorne yet but if not you should really consider working with an agent who has closed previous deals with Hawthorne and can supply you with the contract to verify it and references of past clients who I have worked with directly to purchase their new home in Windemere.
I have sold multiple homes in Windemere including Hawthorne and know not only what is the best pricing that you can get but also how much you can get thrown in for upgrades. A solid agent should be able to give you all recent sales information and use that information to push down the builder. Hawthorne is truly one of the best deals at this time especially the homes that are available now along the ridge that backs to greenspace. Have you seen sights 382,379,377 and 374? A strong agent will not only bring past sales history to the table but also help you to play other communities against one another. Have Santorini fight for your business against Hawthorne and let both builders know that it is the best deal that will win.

I would be more than willing to help you further if you are not already working with another agent. You can reach me directly or through my email below.

Best of luck,

AJ Cohen
The Bleier-Cohen Team
Alain Pinel Realtors
ajcohen@apr.com
925.819.2747