What would a house that sold for $2.1 million 3 years ago hope to get today?

Asked by Lisa Hicks, 07090 Wed Mar 25, 2009

Answers

4
Matthew Allen, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Fri Dec 27, 2013
Let me know if you still need help with this, I just finished a deal in Palisades.

Matt
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Lisa - I don't work in DC, so I can't really answer your question. But, I'd like to refer you to a site where you can run a list of the homes currently available and recently sold in your neighborhood. You'll be able to determine which homes are most like yours and therefore determine and approximation of the current value of your home. It will work in DC, despite the name of the web site. I hope it helps you.

(Be sure and put in your REAL address and email - otherwise you'll get bad results or none at all. The report will automatically generate and takes about 1-3 minutes to arrive in your email.)

Vicky
Randolph Ada…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Mar 25, 2009
In Palisades? Depends on what it is, where it is, what it looks like inside, and who and how many people want it. I have had experience in DC where property resold for more than it sold for 3 years ago. That question can't be answered in a generalize manner reflecting on what the national media and national market says. DC has a strong household income and strong demand for housing particularly in certain highly desireable areas. It also depends on the motivation of the seller as well.

What's important is you have someone like me who can ascertain the situation and knows how to negotiate to get best price possible. I'd be glad to assist you.
Web Reference:  http://www.randolphadair.com
Andy Peers, Agent, Washington DC, DC
Wed Mar 25, 2009
Hi Lisa,

That depends on the house. That house could be worth more, yes really, or it could be worth less. Feel free to contact me with the address and I'll look it up for you.

Andy
Web Reference:  http://www.peersrealty.com