Home Buying in Dalton>Question Details

Lisa Bell, Home Buyer in Dalton, GA

What types of other properties do you have down there? Old camps for sale etc? Something that would work for a community center?

Asked by Lisa Bell, Dalton, GA Mon Nov 25, 2013

Answers

1
The old Camp Hi Life Property! I have been praying that someone would re open it! It has been shut down and vacant for at least 15 yrs. approx. It is at the very end of Sam Love RD. Rocky Face. I have heard rumors that the Shaws bought the property and then decided to leave it vacant and never did anything with it. The last time I was out there about 8 years ago all of the structures were still intact. There's the old girls dorms at top of hill, Pavillion, Cafeteria , the old snack shack, and a good sized house the caretakers use to stay in at bottom of hill as you go in, and north of it a little further into woods are old boys cabins approx 8 or 10 of those, and the horse stables, and old arts and crafts cabins. It also had a large pool and pond on the right as you go in. I dk what shape the structures are in now after being left abandoned for so long. The entrance @ dead end of Sam Love Rd. they have it barricaded.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 23, 2014
I went to this camp as a kid 3 years in row. Around 1982-1985'ish time frame. I went up there about 6 months ago and sadly, everything has been torn down. The only thing that remains that you *might* remember was the stone wall that lined the road going in (across from the cafeteria). The foundations of the cafeteria and snack shack are still there, but I couldn't find the old house, the cabins or even the pavilion area. It's very much grown over.
Flag Thu Sep 1, 2016
Did you attend Camp Hi-Life?? What year?
Flag Mon Jul 25, 2016