What type of grants are available for first type buyers?

Asked by Trulia Seattle, Seattle, WA Tue Apr 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ray Akers’ answer
Ray Akers, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Do you mean grants, as in 'free' money for first-time buyers? Or, do you simply mean loans for first-time buyers? There is very little 'free' money for first-time buyers. Most assistance consists of low-down loans from FHA or the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In some rare instances, there is downpayment assistance for income-qualified buyers. Most of these special downpayment assistance programs are handled through non-profit housing agencies. A good place to start is the Washington State Housing Finance Commission, as noted below.

Just fyi, seller's may pay closing costs for FHA and VA buyers. VA offers a zero-down loan for veterans.

Good luck.
1 vote
John Stewart, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Washington State Housing Finance Commission

Web Reference:  http://www.nwhome.us
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more