What towns or areas in Florida are the most rural (no people) and have the cheapest homes and/or land?

Asked by Lee Nollis, Buffalo, NY Sat Dec 1, 2007

Looking for several acres of land good for agriculture.

Answers

12
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Dec 1, 2007
Look north of Ocala toward Gainsville. Bridgette, who often participates on Trulia works rural, land, etc in that corridor. Perhaps she can chime in here. I definitely suggest his area to begin your search. I am a Broker in Florida and pay close attention to the equestrian and land markets in Florida. Closer to Ocala, land is pricier than it is if you go further toward Gainsville.
Good Luck
Deborah
Shannon Moore…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Mon Dec 31, 2007
There are some great deals on acreage in North Port right now. You can use my website listed below to search the entire state of Florida.
Web Reference:  http://www.twomoores.net
Lisa Jones, , Eustis, FL
Fri Jan 4, 2008
I am a Realtor in North Lake county and though property has appreciated somewhat, there are still some great buys and there are many homes on acreage here. There are mobiles and block homes. Umatilla and Altoona are quite rural but is still only one hour to Daytona or Orlando. You can search this area from my site. Good luck in your search.
Fredfranksjr, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Sep 3, 2016
I love Reddick, Florida. Its north of Ocala and just south of Gainesville. You can find homes for sale there that's affordable. I found my home by going to this website http://www.localrealtyservice.com
Fredfranksjr, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Sep 3, 2016
I used to live in Orlando, but after visiting Reddick, Florida, I moved 2 weeks later. I think the population is around 300 and you can find nice homes with acreage. I used http://www.localrealtyservice.com to find a home,
Dlako, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Aug 19, 2016
What areas are considered "rural" in Hillsborough county? I live in Riverview right now but that comes up as not rural...so what is?
Phyllis Cros…, , Tampa, FL
Sun Nov 15, 2009
A beautiful rural area North of Tampa is Dade City area. Rolling roads with gorgeous natural landscape. Check it out! In this economy you may very well find homes in your price range.
Send me a listing for up to 20 acres. prefer close to paved road. With Power available
buildable high ground. proximity to Gulf a definite plus. Solartime2010@hotmail.com
attn; George. Thank you.
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Dorene Harvey, Home Buyer, Florida
Sun Nov 15, 2009
We are going to retire in another year and would like to move to Florida. Like to buy something for no more then 50,000.. I do not want to live in the inner city. I am open to any area in fla. I am not interested in a condo. I need some help as to what area that would best suit us. I am not interested in being close to Disney at all. I just want to live in a nice little neighborhood with a yard. I was doing a lot of research in Jacksonville, but I am unsure as to what areas are good , not city. I also researched Fort Myers, and a lot of the houses in that price range are totally trashed because of foreclosures. I am very open to rural areas. I have been to fla in the Crestview area which was real nice. I am looking for something like that.. Anyone that can help me with list of towns that are safe neighborhoods away from city limits I would greatly appreaciate it. Any area of Fla except the Miami Area I would not be open to. Thank you Dorene from New Hampshire
try pine island, old Florida shrimping island, great fishing, inexpensive rural living
Flag Fri Apr 17, 2015
Try Citrus County area (Crystal River, Inverness, Lecanto area)
Flag Mon May 19, 2014
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Mon Dec 31, 2007
Lee,
I would highly recommend most small towns in Dixie, Gilchrist or Levy Counties. In Levy County you can reasonably acquire acreage only minutes from the gulf. All three of these counties have springs, rivers and wildlife galore. The largest town in the region is Gainesville (in Alachua County), which was voted the #1 city to live in by "Cities Ranked and Rated 2007." Gainesville would be generally anywhere from 30 -90 minutes away depending upon the area you choose. So you pretty much get the best of everything!

You decision lies mostly upon your goals and your intent: Short term or long term? How much acreage? 5, 10,40, 100 acres? What is your budget? Your risk tolerance? I do specialize in land investment (in North Florida, 8+ Counties) and Real Estate Tax (Avoidance-LOL) Strategies. In the "Web Reference" line below there is a direct link to the Dixie/Gilchrist/Levy MLS property search--much of this area is ripe for long-term speculation--check it out! And, of course, drop me an email if I can be of any further assistance. Best of luck and happy hunting!
Jacqueline F…, , Kissimmee, FL
Wed Dec 12, 2007
There are alot of rural areas in Polk County also. I guess it really depends on what area you are wanting to be in.
Katrina Made…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Dec 10, 2007
According to the 2000 US Cencus Bureau, Liberty & Lafayette Counties are the 2 least populated with the cheapest prices. Both counties have barely 7,000 people for the whole county.
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Sat Dec 1, 2007
There are some great and relatively inexpensive areas in Holmes County, North Santa Rosa County, North Walton County and North Okaloosa County. Generally, property in the panhandle that is further away from the coast is very reasonable!! Towns that are included in this area are Milton, Baker, Milligan, Crestview, Defuniak Springs, and going east toward Holmes County especially north of I-10 that are quite rural, and some great buys are available!! I can help you find property in Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton Counties, or can get a referral for you to an agent in outlying areas who can help you find what you are looking for.
Web Reference:  http://www.myketriebold.com