What to bring when visiting potentials homes to buy?

Asked by Malita215, Philadelphia, PA Wed Mar 20, 2013

What tips can anyone provide when touring homes to buy?

Answers

9
George Chavanne’s answer
George Chava…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Hopefully you have chose an agent who has prepared you for the home you are going to view. By preparing you they have sent you the listing via email and made you aware if the property is occupied( if known). I try to have buyers not overly encumbered with paperwork or other items. Looking for a home should be enjoyable. Once you have found the right home, then more preparation is needed. In truth the best thing you can do to prepare is to be a strong buyer. Pre-approval is your best tool. If you have any other questions, please contact me @ 215-620-3798.
Hannah Angert, Agent, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Malita,

A tape measure and flashlight are very handy tools when home shopping.

Hannah Angert, Realtor
(215) 869-9571 or hannahangert@comcast.net

William Festa Realty
3001 S. Sydenham St.
Philadelphia PA 19145

(215) 271-3000 phone
(215) 271-0988 fax
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Bring an open mind, a notepad, a camera (if allowed) and a good buyer's agent.
Don Sherman, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
All the answers provided are great.In addition to that I provide my clients with a pre-printed chart for each property that has spaces for them to write in what they liked & didn't like and other information.
If you are not working with a particular Realtor or are not happy with the one you have, give me a call.We can sit down and talk about the buying process, ehat your desires in a home are.This way you will be able to see if you are comfortable working with me and will get valuable information to use in buying.
My best;
Don Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold-Castor
Cellphone-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
Shaukatali K…, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Ready to Buy a Home? http://youtu.be/hNTC1dyKZm4
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Hi Malita,
Make sure that you have copies of the homes' listings so that you will have the information about the property readily available. A camera is also a good idea to take photos but if the property is occupied then you should have the seller's permission to take them as it will contain their personal belongings.

A tape measure is also a good idea in case the sizes of the rooms are not available on the listing.

And, if you use mobile technology; keep your phone with you so that you can look up any available data on-line particularly the tax assessor's office. This way you might be able to determine if all taxes are paid and that there are no liens on the property. This information might be available on-line as some municipalities do allow public access via the internet.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Wbg, , Philadelphia, PA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
haha...if your e a serious buyer...a checkbook!
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Take a camera to get pictures to help you remember the homes, they run together after you see 4-5 of them. Make sure your agent gives you copies of all the listings so you can make notes on them about the homes. Comfortable shoes make things easier.
Ok, great. Thanks!
Flag Wed Mar 20, 2013
Wes Costello, , Philadelphia, PA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
A customer focused realtor with excellent knowledge of the neighborhood and a mortgage pre-approval from a similar mortgage lender.

Wes Costello
AnnieMac Home Mortgage
610-659-7014