Mysusan, Other/Just Looking in 91801

What time of year is best for the seller to put their home for sale?

Asked by Mysusan, 91801 Fri Sep 6, 2013

I need to do some "tweaking" on my home...have let it go a bit, and won't be finished until early next year!

Answers

13
Cesar Aviles, Agent, Alhambra, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
NOW!!!! is the best time. Before the interest rates go much higher! Call 626-757-5550 to get your home SOLD for the most MONEY!!
Kevin and Ju…, Agent, Wildomar, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
We typically recommend that Sellers get their properties in tip-top shape in order to show its best side - RE statistics show that more homes sell in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter... Good luck!
Charles Irv…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Hello Mysusan ,
It sounds like based on your recent comments that your home is ready to hit the market. If you are concerned about "your trouble-free home and trading in for someone else's headache" make that a concerned requirement for your agent. In other words tell your realtor that you want him to vent your selections for a new place along with an aggressive inspections ..Mysusan it is common practice to bring in specialize trades people to piggyback an home inspection like electrician and ect/...
Hi Charles...My issue is that I have literally ZERO income and cannot afford to dump additional monies into a new place...So finding new problems in a new home would be currently out of my reach to fix.

Long story, but through illness and job loss I currently have nothing to upgrade or fix anything, anywhere!
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
JR Thrasher, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Perfect, people usually start looking before school lets out so they can move during the summer.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Sun Sep 8, 2013
Perfect timing. Spring is best.
Eric Carroll, Home Seller, Delaware, OH
Sat Sep 7, 2013
Spring/Summer seems to be the best timing.
Antony Gabri…, Agent, Inglewood, CA
Sat Sep 7, 2013
In general, there are more buyers in the summer but prices are going up. I would take my time and do the "tweaking" right. You know get at least a few bids, and feel fre to ask more
questions at
antony.gabriele@gmail.com
Antony Gabriele
Realtor BRE#01739922
(310)686-1109
Tony, I'm afraid to make this step because I've made a lot of improvements on my home and it's sooo good now, I may end up with a money pit, so I guess I'll pull the plug on the sale.
Flag Sun Sep 8, 2013
Elena Piedra, Agent, Northridge, CA
Fri Sep 6, 2013
I agree that Spring and Summer are the best time to put your house for sale, but as my other colleague mentioned it to you, with a strong curb, upgrades, de-cluttering, staging and good comps, you will improve the chances to sell it faster and for top dollars, in any market.
Good luck and if you need me to stage or/and help you to sell your house, call me at (213)434-9900.
I live in Alhambra and cover San Garbriel Valley.
The more I think about it, the more I am thinking to stay put. I've replaced/repaired nearly every part of my home and I may be trading my nearly "trouble-free" home for someone else's headache!
Flag Sat Sep 7, 2013
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Looks like you got a really good answer below.

Let me know if you need a purchase loan for the property or want to get pre-approved (this will increase the chances of your loan being accepted) because I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
Charles Irv…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Hello
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to answer your question.
The summer months are typically the best time for a seller
But a house that has the following characteristics will produce excellent results for the seller anytime it hits the market. :

1. Strong Curb Appeal

2. Updated kitchen and Bathrooms

3 A home that has been neutralized and decluttered

4 A home with a priced that is based on current Comps and Pending sales
Camelia Vera, Agent, Arcadia, CA
Fri Sep 6, 2013
April -July are the best months because people with children are planning for the upcoming school year. However, the best time is when you are done with all the work. The reason is that while there are alot more buyers who like to move before and during the summer months, you will have more competition from Sellers who are also trying to capture the same Buyers.

When you are ready, let me know. : )
Camelia Vera, 626-484-4500
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Sep 6, 2013
That's Perfect! Prices tend to go up a bit in the Spring and Summer Months. Things typically start heating up the end of March or early April.

Good luck to you!
Thanks Cindy. I've tried before, but with a heavily Asian market, it's hard to get the "fair market value" for your home, even if you've seriously put more money into it than is really just! :-(
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Please feel free to call me at (310) 600-4240
I'd be happy to discuss with you best times to sell and things you should and should not do to your home before putting it on the market.
You don't want to put money in unless you are adding real value.
Susan Bo'ur
Coldwell Banker