What subdivisions do I need to target in palatine for $250k price range town homes in Fremd boundaries? Any ideas on how much a lot of < 0.25

Asked by Lookingforhome, Palatine, IL Mon Oct 31, 2011

acres. I live in far west subarbs and was originally planning to move to Palatine area(Fremd boundaries) in couple of years but now am wondering if I should pull the trigger now as the home values are low now. Unfortunately I own a house now and have to loose lot of money if I have to sell it now.

I can think of 2 options :

- Looks for 2-3 bd room town home in palatine now in ~250k budget. I can rent one of the houses for short/mid term and plan to sell my current home when market gets better.
- Buy an empty lot or very old house and plan for construction in 5 yrs or later.

- Is it possible to get an empty lot in palatine area(Fremd boundaries), if so any approx. prices for it?
- What subdivisions do I need to target in palatine for $250k price range town homes? no condos please. Single family is ok but is is perhaps wishful thinking.

Answers

7
Richard Haus…, Agent, Buffalo Grove, IL
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Looks like a 2 year old question - so I hope you got your needs met - but my guess is that if you used a traditional agent - you ended up over-paying. For a question like that to be intelligently answered - people need to realize that they need to sit down for an initial consultation - because your needs have to be addressed holistically - with your many other priorities (perhaps some unstated) intimately understood and weighed.

As an FYI - it is best to never buy through the listing agent of a property - as they are on the seller's side - so you'd get into a dual agency conflict of interest situation. Best to use an expert negotiator, and one who has no home showing biases - an Exclusive Buyer Broker (they and their companies never list property for sale - and are specialists - not generalists.) And a regular so-called "buyer agent" might push more of their own in-house listings on you - or their own listings. We never list (represent sellers) - so that we may be 100% on the buyer's side - 100% of the time. Buyers can trust our advice and representation, and be assured that there won't be any conflicts of interest, or have their information compromised by shared fax machines, file cabinets, overheard phone conversations, shared buyer feedback with listing agents, or in other ways. They also stand a much better chance of getting a lot better purchase price on their home, as well as loan savings.
Candice Pote…, Agent, Petaluma, IL
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Here's an idea for you....when looking to find an affordable home in the highly desired Fremd district....think outside the box...literally! Outside of Palatine, there are other areas that fall within Fremd like Rolling Meadows plus the taxes would be much less than Palatine! There is a 'build to suit lot listing' on Benton that is Fremd and RM...but there are other areas. Let's talk!
Joyce Battis…, Agent, Arlington Heighyts, IL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Regarding vacant land in Palatine and the very desirable Wm Fremd High School area, prices range from $99,000 all the way up to over $1,000,000. There are many townhome communities to select from in your price range. Please send your requirements and I would be happy to enter them into our MLS system and then keep you updated on all that continue to come on the market which fit your search criteria.

Joyce Battistone
RE/MAX Unlimited Northwest
200 E Northwest Hwy, Palatine
joyce.battistone@yahoo.com
Greg Olson, Agent, Arlington Heights, IL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Choose an agent and set up a time to meet with that agent at his/her office so that you can review all of your options. There is plenty of vacant land in Palatine as well priced anywhere from 27K and up....
Greg/REMAX
Cell 847-977-7024
Web Reference:  http://www.gregworks4u.com
Mary Honaker, Agent, Palatine, IL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
There are many building options available to you. I would like to assist you directly and obtain a little more information.

Regarding townhome communities, again, depending on the specific type of product that would suit your needs, I would be happy to email you directly. Contact me directly at mary.honaker@bairdwarner.com. I'll send to you upon receipt of your contact information.

This is a great time to buyer and I encourage you to maximize your buying power now to the greatest extent. There are many articles that will support this direction.
Kathy Diegel, Agent, Elgin, IL
Mon Oct 31, 2011
To answer your question about buying a lot...it is extremely expensive to build right now you are much better off buying an existing home at these great prices!
Web Reference:  http://www.peggycobrin.com
Kathy Diegel, Agent, Elgin, IL
Mon Oct 31, 2011
The best time to buy is now since the prices are so low and the interest rates are at record lows. We don't know if the rates will stay this low.

There are several townhome complexes in the Fremd district if you would like me to email you all the ones available under 250k in the Fremd district then please email me directly at kathy.diegel@cbexchange.com and I will send them to you right now.

Kathy Diegel
The Peggy Cobrin Team
Coldwell Banker