What stays and doesnt stay...?

Asked by Richard Tocado, charlotte, NC Tue Jun 5, 2012

It is all in the details, in the offer to purschase ask for everything that you want, furniture, appliances, lawnmower, whatever you desire. The seller will let you know what is important and you can go from there.

Answers

8
Renee Dickman, Agent, Glenview, IL
Sun Mar 1, 2015
It varies from state to state. For instance in AZ kitchen appliances are personal property but in IL they convey with the house. Check with a local broker for your state. As mentioned above the contract should spell out exactly what is included or not included. You can negotiate the contract either way.
Janice Mayna…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Mar 1, 2015
You can ask for anything to be included and try to negotiate it. I have done this on several of my deals but always off the contract and on a separate bill of sale. If you need anything and are still looking for a broker please feel free to contact me.

Please feel free to call, text or email me when you or any of your friends or family needs a real estate broker. Thank you again for this opportunity to serve you, I realize you have a choice of Real Estate Brokers, so I truly appreciate your business,

Janice Maynard
"Moving on up" with Maynard Realty
Broker/REALTOR
Serving both NC & SC

Keller Williams Ballantyne Area

704-641-0626

http://www..unioncountyhomes4sale.com

https://www.facebook.com/movingonupwithMaynardRealty Feel free to visit and like the page
Ryan Harlan-…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Feb 23, 2015
attached fixtures stay and anything else buyer & seller agree upon.
Dennis Evans, Agent, Clifton Park, NY
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Here is NYS, Most of the things, such as mowers, Furniture etc are called "Chattel" and need to be addressed by the atto0rneys and not in the Sales Contract......
Josh Barnett, Agent, Carney, OK
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Statements are typically placed on agents blogs.
Cheri Wickham, Agent, Weddington, NC
Mon Oct 21, 2013
I am representing a seller on the sale of a home now where the buyers are asking for certain furniture items. We are negotiating it separate from the actual contract and items will be paid for separately. If they are included as part of the purchase contract, appraisers will require a contract addendum that they are included at no value.
Marti McBride, Agent, Cornelius, NC
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Generally speaking, if something is attached to the home (like curtain rods) it should remain for the new homeowners. While the curtain rods would stay, it would not be expected that the curtains would remain.
When making an offer, the buyer should evaluate what is important to them and make their request accordingly. However, you should keep in mind that an appraisal will be ordered by the lender. An appraiser would have a difficult time determining the cost value of individual items such as furniture, so it should be negotiated separately outside of the actual contract. The items would be paid for Outside of Closing (POC) and a bill of sale should be given to you by the seller. It's also a good idea to take photos of the items you are requesting and submit with your request.
I hope this helps and I'll be happy to help with any other questions you may have.
Warm regards,
Marti McBride 704.724.5455
Jamie Ashley…, Agent, Waxhaw, NC
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Yes, you could do this, however it can cause issues with the appraisal, if you request items past appliances. A separate request and bill of sale makes for a smoother process.