What's your opinion of Sunset Park (Santa Monica)? Pros and cons?

Asked by JC, Araby Eight Com'l Estates, Yuma, AZ Thu Mar 6, 2014

What is your opinion of this area? Just curious to get first hand thoughts...
I heard even though it's outside of the bad areas of Santa Monica, it's still not the best area to live in.

Answers

2
Sri Kesava, Agent, Venice, CA
Thu Mar 6, 2014
It depends on where you are comparing it to, but Sunset Park is one of the most coveted and sought out areas in Los Angeles. Unless one can afford west of Lincoln, Sunset Park is as good as it gets. Many areas enjoy ocean breezes and Ocean Park Blvd is full of wonderful restaurants and cafes. The homes range from Craftsman to Mediterranean to mid-century and bungalows. Most are on a good size lot 5000-7000sqft. There is great pride of ownership and a sense of neighborhood community. I recommend a visit to see for yourself.
Megan Whalen, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Sunset Park is a wonderful community with beautiful homes, lovely streets that are very walkable. Close to Main Street, beaches and surrounding communities. Great schools including SMC and its facilities. I have lived there since 1996 and it has blossomed into my favorite place to live and sell Real Estate.

Megan Whalen
Gibson International
310-613-1102 cell