What's the story with the property at 3 Cypress Way in Colts Neck? Appears to have been sitting abandoned for several years & now in disrepair.

Asked by mtaylor22, Colts Neck, NJ Sat Mar 22, 2014

Answers

2
William Kilb…, Agent, Fair Haven, NJ
Wed Apr 30, 2014
That was Bob O'Neill's house, he built Shadow Isle golf Course (purchased by Trump) and all of the homes in that development. The golf course was foreclosed on along with his home when the financial crisis came and it has been vacant since and filled with mold and it's a tear down. Amboy bank had the liens on it, but not sure if they still do.
Nici & DJ Ten…, Agent, Colts Neck, NJ
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Great location isn't it? Due to the personal nature, if you'd like to contact me via email I can provide more contextual information (djtenhoeve@kw.com), however per the public tax records the house was in Lis Pendens (pending foreclosure) from 2009-2013. It was released from Lis Penden back in July 2013. The fact that the property was ever at risk of foreclosure is rather shocking considering the size of the mortgage taken on the property relative to the home's value, which even at the town's assessed value stands at ~$1.59m. Regarding the condition and disrepair of the house, I agree. Again if you'd like to reach me via email or private cell (201-315-9157) I'd be happy to discuss further. Do you live here in town now?
Web Reference:  Http://www.djtenhoeve.com