What’s the most affordable neighborhood in Boston that is easily accessible to the financial district?

Asked by Trulia Boston, Boston, MA Wed Oct 10, 2012

Answers

13
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Depends on many things - Brighton has some very good value, also Dorchester and Jamaica Plain. All have easy access to the T. I have worked in all these neighborhoods for many years. Please call me at 617-620-0669 or jamesfurlong20@gmail.com if I can help you in any way.
Mario Pavli, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
I would recommend South Boston & Cambridge.
Andrew Nazza…, Agent, Everett, MA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
East Boston, Its the final frontier of Boston Real Estate. I predict values In East Boston will do what they did in South Boston and Charlestown. Look into the Jeffries Point section, 1 train stop away from downtown and if you need to drive your car into the city its only 40 cents to use the Sumner & Ted Williams Tunnels. Zip Code 02128
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Most Affordable: for Warren Buffett or for Octamom?

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Eric Girard, Agent, Boston, MA
Sat Oct 20, 2012
I would recommend the West Fenway neighborhood. It's close to the every single green line plus the #55 bus that goes to Park Street quite often. When the weather is nice you can walk to work. Fenway has the best of both worlds, it's quiet with a suburban feel but at the same time it's minutes to the hustle and bustle of the city. Your money will go longer here without a long commute.

If you're looking to rent or buy in this area then contact me at Eric@MyNewBostonHome.com
Todd Minichi…, Agent, Boston, MA
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Hi that would depend on what your budget is. But If looking to walk to work, be in the city and save money that I would say North End. But if your ok with a slight commute on either the orange or redline which are both accessible to financial district then I would do either South Boston, Somerville. Also keep in mind if you do roommates you can save more money. Feel free to contact me to talk more.
Michael Maho…, Agent, Greater Boston, MA
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Affordable needs to be defined a little more. Your definition may be different from someone elses. Depends on your budget.
Kim Hajtol H…, Agent, Boston, MA
Fri Oct 12, 2012
South Boston or Charlestown. Contact me if you'd like my help- Kimberly.hajtol@EVUSA.com
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
It also depends on your definition of "affordable"
TRUE! I usually interpret that as "most bang for your buck"...
Flag Thu Oct 11, 2012
Howard Chang, Agent, Boston, MA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Brookline, My first choice.
Nice, what specifically do you like about Brookline?
Flag Thu Oct 11, 2012
Kim Hajtol H…, Agent, Boston, MA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Moy Lopez, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Quincy, MA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Some of them are not even in Boston. You can purchase a very lovely and affordable home in Hull and take the ferry in to town. Some people love the commute. Plus you get to enjoy the beaches on the week-ends.
Masha Sender…, Agent, Newton, MA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Depends on how you define accessible... there are lots of very affordable neighborhoods that are on one MBTA branch or the other... Roslindale and JP come to mind. Dorchester is very affordable. Melrose. There are many!