Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Trulia Ralei…, Other/Just Looking in Raleigh, NC

What's the best way to find foreclosed homes owned by banks?

Asked by Trulia Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

9
Here are Few ways to find the best deals - http://foreclosureprocess.net/foreclosures

-Search bank websites: Banks often list their foreclosed properties for sale online.
-Look up government-owned listings:The Department of Housing and Urban Development lists the foreclosed homes that it owns on its website as well as through local real estate agents.
-Visit your county's offices: Foreclosure information is filed with county offices, some of which post it online.
-Pay for a foreclosure-listing service: Some companies, such as RealtyTrac, offer comprehensive foreclosure listings for a fee.
-Pay for a foreclosure-listing service. Some companies, such as RealtyTrac, offer comprehensive foreclosure listings for a fee.
One way to find foreclosure listings, is call a professional Realtor and they can send you all the foreclosure listings. However, in today's market, foreclosure listings are not always the least expensive listings. I suggest you give your Realtor your criteria on what you are looking for and the maximum price you are willing to spend and then from there you will get a list of properties that match your wants.
http://ForeclosureIQ.com
Hi Trulia!

It is my pleasure to answer a "Trulia" question and you will see that my answer is much different from the others. I am not going to tell you to just call me. I had a talk with a Trulia mortgage broker yesterday about the results he was seeing from Trulia, and he told me he was a true believer. (Here's a freebie from my days writing advertising copy.... "Become a Trulia Believer!") He is hiring an assistant and he attributes it to Trulia. But he says the difference in what he is doing and "everyone else" is that it is not all about "me, me, me." He provides quality posts and answers and does not just answer the question with "call me". He then went on to tell me how this has built trust with potential customers. One such customer read all of his bog posts and because he displayed true knowledge and a willingness to provide serious information, the customer took all of his recommendations.

So I have resolved to follow the same model. Even if I just like to talk about me, I would prefer results!

The easiest way to find bank-owned properties all in one place is at the website below. It provides complete information on the listing, no tricks, no gimmicks. But they do make you pay for a subscription. Right now they are running a 7-day trial promotion for $3.95. A monthly subscription is $39.99 and an annual subscription is $99. If you are thinking of becoming a real estate investor I would definitely use this site. And even if you are curious about what is out there, a $3.95 investment is definitely worth it to be able to access all bank-owned properties in your area (and the US).

I hope this helps. I would love feedback.

Julie Minter
910-368-7116
what character!!! I invite you to participate on my team, where our corporate motto is " do not place growth before integrity"--thank you warren at energyplan.energy526.com
Flag Wed Feb 10, 2016
There are many Realtors whom specialize in REO and Foreclosed Homes. Give one a call, and they will gladly help you out.
Work with an agent like me who represents a wide range of lenders. When an REO is first assigned to an agent, it is not ready to put on the market. So, there is a two to three week lag where my buyers agents know what is coming on the market and the other Realtors do not. If you want to find out about the properties first, go to http://www.TeamForYOUrDreams.com and sign up for the foreclosures.
The best way to find foreclosed or bank owned/HUD homes is through a buyer's realtor. There are several agents who specialize on foreclosed/HUD homes/properties. They are knowledgeable and will guide you and making an offer. You may visit our website at http://www.CarolinaMaxRealty.com and go to the link HUD Home Search and click that. Or just go to Home Search and find the home of your dream!!! I wish you all the best!!!
There are several realtors like myself, who work almost only in forclosures and bank REOs.

What specificly are you looking for?

Deals are few and far between, as banks know what they have and sell at market value.

If I can help shoot me an email
Give me a call and I will send you my weekly foreclosure list via e mail
919 422 9677. Peter Greijn
hi peter
please send me your best foreclosure in the greensboro , high point , jamestown l...etc with 20 mile around
my name is motaz madi
email motaz@tech-methods.com
Flag Mon Sep 7, 2015
A REALTOR can provide you with a list in the area you are searching. If you would a list please let me know - I would love to help!