I have had several buyers make offers 5-9 times and not get the home. Here is what we are doing now to get ahead of the pack!
* My clients and I use the FUSION system VS Tempo (MLS systems Realtors use). FUSION advises my clients and I when a home comes on the market within 15 minutes of going into the system. I have them set up on auto-notification and I get the notices as well!
* Take out all the "stuff" in a contract that you don't need. We are removing wording regarding appraisals, shortening the option period for inspections, removing financial addendums and more.
* Providing a bank statement in addition to the pre-approved (NOT pre-qualified) lender letter showing the buyer as liquid assets and have their finances ready to go!
* Speaking to active Realtors that list in the area to see if they are aware of any upcoming new listings. Searching for FSBOs as well.
* Being professional! Typing the contract. Reaching out to the other Realtor by email, voice mail and text. Not being pushy, but firm and active to get the listing agents attention.
* Using electronic signatures like DocuSign. Easier to get your clients signatures at 2am!! Have them take a photo of the earnest money check and email it to you.
* When reaching that listing agent, find out what will be looked at kindly on an offer. What are the sellers needing. Quick close? Maybe a lease back?
* Finally, knowing the market and not being afraid to make an offer above list. Sometimes WAY ABOVE list. If a seller is going to get multiple offers, you want to present something that will knock their socks off!
With some luck, your clients will get the home and you a quicker sale. Otherwise, homes that are sitting for more than a few weeks have issues and be prepared to accept those issues, but hopefully at a discounted price.
Bernstein Realty, Inc.