Jenhucabee, Other/Just Looking in Liberty, MS

What's the average cost per square foot to build a 2000 sq ft home in liberty, ms?

Asked by Jenhucabee, Liberty, MS Sat May 14, 2011

Answers

2
There is no way to give you a straight answering to this this question but I can give you some general guidelines in regard to cost in my area. First treat the land, permit and impact fees and other fees such as bank fees and real estate commission as a separate deal. Ranch homes are generally the most expensive to build, 1 ½ stories are in the middle and 2 stories are the least expensive. Now the range 65.00 per sq. ft. and up. Advice I give my clients if it’s a standard non premium item found on the shelf at a Lowes or Home depot it’s usually a good choice for staying on budget. We can build the exact same floor plan for 190,000 then we change the lot, change the items in the home and now we are at 250,000. Work with a realtor who has experience in new construction and build an Energy Star home. Good Luck
Scott Hulen randshomes.con
Jenhucabee,
About as useful as the average foot size. Forgive me for my bluntness, but this statistic is often misused and misunderstood. If you are comparing similar sized, age and quality homes in close proximity it can be a factor to consider, but otherwise it doesn't mean too much.
I once sold a luxury home with a view for over $1,200,000 for a lower price per square foot then another home I sold 3 blocks away that was a 1550 square foot starter home.
If you need to know the value of a home to buy or sell there are no shortcuts. Zillow, Eppraisal and others can give you a rough idea, but actual valuation comes from a detailed market analysis done by an agent who knows the homes involved.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011