Home Buying in Walker>Question Details

Goodjug24, Renter in

What's my first step if I want to see if I can buy a house?

Asked by Goodjug24, Tue Jun 5, 2012

I want to buy a house but I don't know if I qualify for a loan. This is my first time and I would like some info on getting started. I do have a great credit score.

Answers

13
I'm not an agent or lender, and my suggested first step would be to pull your credit reports (all three) at freecreditreport.com

Make sure the info is correct, you can waste time and money chasing down problems with your credit report when you'd rather be looking at houses,
The first step is to read my blog post written about this exact subject! I'll put the link below.

Find a local real estate agent that you can work with. If you don't know anyone, I can find one and interview them for you before they contact you.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Congratulations on your decision to buy a home! It is a great time to do so - We always ask our buyers to speak with the mortgage professional at the bank or credit union where they have their checking account. If they can qualify you for a loan, anyone can -

Good....

Without a doubt, begin your process by evaluating your monthly budget accounting for all income and expenditures before making contact with a mortgage(s) agent to determine if and what you qualify for.

bill
I agree with Jim Simms below. Getting started buying a home is often the largest financial purchase you will have made in your life to date. As such, finding a realtor and lender you can trust is key. Like Jim in Louisville, we acknowledge the same universal truths in buying a home...:)

Ron Takeuchi
Town Square Real Estate
Pasadena, CA.
I would choose the realtor I trust the most then have them introduce me to the loan officer they trust the most. It is hard enough getting to the closing table as a team, can be really trying as strangers. A team that really clicks will work best for you, eliminating most of the stress of doing it for the first time. When you, the realtor and the loan officer are all on the same page you win. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Give me a call and I'll walk you through the process (616-780-4725). Your first step will be to get preapproved by a lender, but if I am able to talk to you a little about your situation, I can refer you to a lender who would work well for you.
Web Reference: http://www.brekschutten.com
Good Morning!!

Congratulations on your decision to buy a home. I personally don't believe there will be a better time with interest rates and home prices so low. The first step is to contact a mortgage loan officer. If you have someone in mind or ask family or friends to recommend someone. Then you'll need a buyer's agent to work with in finding the right home.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
The first step is meeting with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you. You then should hire a buyer broker who can guide you through the buying process.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi, Your very first step is to contact a mortgage professional to get pre approved for a loan. I recommend contacting a broker because they will shop for the best loan product and rates for you. If you go directly to a bank you will only get whaty that bank offers. Ask around to get referrals for reputable mortgage brokers from people you trust. Once you have an idea what a bank is willing to lend you, you can contact some agents to discuss your options. Try to find an agent that is willing to sit down with you and dicuss the process and your needs fully. Any agent that invests that time in the beginning is worth spending time with. You should also feel comfortable with your agent as it is a working relationship after all.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
914.406.9023
I agree with Pamala. The first step is obtaining a pre-approval to determine how much house you can afford and monthly payments for the purchase. After that, a real estate agent can not only find you homes to fit your needs, they can negotiate the deal for you and guide you through every step, from the inspection to the HOA docs, to appraisal and any renegotiations needed all the way to handing you the keys to your new home. Good Luck!
You can connect with a good Realtor that could recommend a lender to speak with to get pre-approved.
Depending in where you hope to buy your home different finance options are available and some lenders offer different programs, this is where a Realtor can be helpful, if they know the services offered by the various lenders in their area area.
If it is the Kalamazoo area please feel free to contact me I would be happy to help
Mary Sutton
Hi there,

Your first step would be to speak with a lender to get pre approved for a mortgage. You will want to know how much house you qualify for and approx what your monthly payment would be including taxes and insurance. You will want to have representaton from a Realtor as a Buyers agent to help you with contract and negotiations.

Pam