What's been the average change in Atlantic Highlands' home prices in the last 5 years?

Asked by Allbriton, New York Tue Jun 28, 2011

It would be nice to know if this is the right time to get into the market there.

Answers

2
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Tue Jun 28, 2011
Alvitron,

One can analyize on on overall basis, but one also needs to consider the conditon of the home, as well as the number of foreclosures/short sales in the area that compare to the subject property.. While one may see a home sell for say $200k, another may sell for $300k and that may be due to the condition.

Frankly, there is no exact science to this market..

Sineerely,
Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associates, ePro, SRES
732.606.2931 (direct/24/7)
Francesca@patrizioRE.com
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
John Skronski, Agent, Long Branch, NJ
Tue Jun 28, 2011
Dear A - Looking at the MLS sales, there's been about a 10% reduction in prices for single-family homes in AH. For the 6/1/2005-6/1/2006 period, the average sale price was about 523k. For 6/1/2010-6/1/2011 period it was about 475k or so. Now, history & trends are great to use as a guide, but every situation is different. In my opinion it's more important to get out of the market where you are (if that's how you feel) than to get into a market elsewhere. Unless, of course, you will have the two residences. A seller's motivation, as well as a buyer's, can play a major role in what a final sale price will be. So every home for sale needs to be looked at carefully to fully judge it as a good deal. I can help you if you'd like, and analyze the available properties in AH so you can best determine if it's right for you. Timing the market is difficult in any industry, so my advice is "don't put your life on hold if you are currently where you don't want to be." Home prices will go up and down and most of the time it's out of your control,and the market will put a price on your home when you buy it and when you sell it, but you can't put a price on your quality of life. "I bought at the low" and "I sold at the high" is for cocktail party conversation, who cares?!? If you can afford it, do it! Life's too short!