Sarah, Home Buyer in Doral, FL

What's a condo community in Boca good for a woman living alone in her 60's? Something with an active social life up to $500,000 either 2/3

Asked by Sarah, Doral, FL Sun May 1, 2011

bedrooms

Answers

30
gabriel palo…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Mon Jul 11, 2011
A rich bachelor living in Boca Yacht and Golf Club
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Mon May 2, 2011
Sarah,

If you want beachfront I am going to again plug Delray Beach and specifically the area east of the intracoastal on either side of Atlantic Avenue. I do quite a bit of business in the area and I know of no better place for a single lady to become involved in a neighborhood that has an unsurpassed quality of life. The ability to walk a couple blocks to the beach or a wide variety of shopping, service and dining options is amazing. The camaraderie of those who are lucky enough to live here is enviable.

If you want something a little more private then Highland Beach is worthy of consideration. If you would like a private tour of the area I would be most happy to set that up at your convenience.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Hope Dillon, Agent, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Thu Jul 28, 2011
There are so many great choices! I think some question would be waterfront, condo, or gated country club? Many gated communities offer social activities. Whether or not you use our agency the website at Boca Executive Realty is one of the most popular in the Boca area. I have attached a link to the site.
Bartholom, , Uni Ville, New Port Richey, FL
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Finally condo community define self richness so she can freely anywhere as she wants.
Audrey Viola, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Sarah ,

Choose an agent you like and he/she will find exactly the right place for you ..one that has everything you want . As you can see, there are many that fit your criteria , the best thing to do is " look "...check out some properties . Somewhere there is a condo just waiting for you to find it .
Audrey Viola , Aero Club Properties, 561-542-9368

Happy hunting !
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sun Jul 17, 2011
Hi Sarah,
Should you decide to relocate to the West Coast, you'll want to explore Leisure Village in Camarillo. Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the beautiful rolling hills of the Conejo Valley , at approximately fifty miles from both Los Angeles and Santa Barbara , is Leisure Village, a security-gated active retiree (age 55 and up) community of 2136 separate single story, well designed, single family all-electric homes, each set into a professionally landscaped and maintained community thickly planted with mature trees, grass, and indigenous flowering plants. Leisure Village, built between 1973 and 1984, is comprised of 200 acres of greenbelt, an 18-hole golf course, 15 miles of paved streets and three security gates. The Leisure Village Recreation Center offers residents a broad variety of social, recreational, hobby, supportive, and self-development activities. Blessed with a nearly ideal year-round climate , Leisure Village residents enjoy activities not only within the Village but also in surrounding areas. Just outside the main gate of the Village in the surrounding city of is a small shopping plaza offering groceries, a drug store, postal facilities, varied small shops, banking and medical services. A short drive over convenient streets, or a short ride on the CAT ( Camarillo Area Transit ), will reach any of several local shopping malls, including the picturesque Old Town area of Camarillo, the very large and fashionable national wholesale outlet mall , national retail and grocery chains and malls, theaters, and restaurants to please every taste and budget. A twenty minute drive reaches the cities of Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Oxnard, and Ventura, as well as numerous public golf courses and uncrowded spectacular coastline and beaches, marinas, and national parks for hiking, picnicking, sunning, and sight-seeing.
Pat Roseboom…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun Jul 17, 2011
I have several in mind. Please give me your contact information and I can email you the listings. I can show you properties this week, if you would like. My email address is patroseboom@keyes.com or call me at 561-921-5409.
Fred Keats, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Jul 17, 2011
The kind of community that would best meet your needs would be found in Boynton Beach. I would be happy to discuss with you some excellent choices based on more specific information from you. You can contact me at 954 461-3041 or frederick_e_keats@hotmail.com.
Liliana Quin…, Agent, Doral, FL
Sun Jul 17, 2011
Hi Sarah
To better answer your question I would like to consult with you to get to know your main interest and type of entertainment that would fit your needs.
Give me a call to better assist you.
Liliana Quintero
Miami New Realty
305-519-7887
Mike Bacarel…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue May 3, 2011
Hi Sarah,

There are many communities that meet your general criteria that are close to shopping, beaches and entertainment. I would like to help you narrow down the properties based on your wish list for your purchase. Please visit my website for a current property search.

I am also one of the only Realtors that will give back to my Buyers & Sellers, 10% of my commission back to you at closing.

Mike Bacarella,CFBI
Past State Chairman
Florida Business Brokers Association
Certified Florida Business Intermediary

AmeriTeam Realty
Regional Sales Manager
561-239-2500 Cell
561-999-0352 Fax
E-Mail: Mike@RealtyInv.com
Website: http://www.buyUSproperties.com

Boca Raton, Tampa and Orlando
Web Reference:  http://buyUSproperties.com
Kim Bregman, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon May 2, 2011
Good Morning Sarah,

There are many communities that meet your general criteria. I would like to help you narrow down the possibiltities for you based on if you are looking for a 55+ community, do you want water, what are your limitations on HOA fees, dues, etc. Will you use this condo year round or seasonally? Would you consider Delray Beach, etc.?

Please take a moment to visit my website to understand the full advantages of working with an Exclusive Buyer Agent.....any agent you choose to work with should be able to answer the following questions.

Do you spend 100% of your time representing Buyers?
Will you guarantee me that you will not be representing any seller at any time while you are working for me?
Do you, or the company you are with, ever list properties for sale?
Will you point out all the negative aspects of each property as well as all the positive aspects so I will be fully informed when making my decision?
Will you provide information on comparable sales and help me formulate an offering price and negotiating strategy?
Do you have a list of lenders, home inspectors, insurance agents and other professionals that you recommend?
Will you tell me everything you can find out about the seller and their reasons for selling?
Will you show me all the homes on the market that meet my needs, including For Sale By Owner properties, foreclosures, and other properties?
Will you guarantee that any information I give you will be kept confidential?
Will you guarantee me your undivided loyalty?
Will you guarantee me you will not try to change your relationship with me to "dual agency", "designated agent", transactional agent", or any other form of agency that offers reduced levels of service?

Only an Exclusive Buyers Agent working in an Exclusive Buyer Agency can answer "Yes!" to ALL of the questions.
Al Gutierrez, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hello Sara

You have an opportunity to start a new beganing and life in the Boca West country Club! This would be a fraction of the price and not to be equaled by another. Unmatched security .... Call me

- … LIVE THE BOCA WEST LIFE. Boca West Country Club is in the Premier area of Boca Raton, close to the best shopping, dining, entertainment available. Boca West has achieved highest recognition in south Florida. Boca West features 4 signature golf courses and practice facilities. There are over 30 tennis courts some of which are available for night time play. Boca West offers their members a full range of social and recreational amenities, including aquatics, fitness center/spa and several premium dining choices. Plus lush Olympic style pools and Boca West people friendly.

The Country Club at Boca
West is a hub of social activity,
accommodating a year-round
calendar of fabulous dining and
social events. Boca West’s
Activities department offers
numerous lectures, classes and
outings, everything from art,
theater and current events to day
trips, cruises, organized card
games and singles get togethers.
Seasonal activities include our
Sweetheart’s Ball, Tanglewood at
Boca West, Boca West
Cabaret Night, Boca West Carnival
and a host of other popular events.
The Country Club hosts a variety
of different-sized events, from
more intimate functions like our
Boca West Cabaret night in one of
our smaller rooms to our Hibiscus
Dining Room seating 255 to our
650 seat Grand Ballroom – site of
many larger functions such as
New Year's Eve, wedding
receptions, club events and other
member-oriented gatherings.

Best Regards
Al Gutierrez
The Keyes Company
C-561-632-0091
F-561-750-3524
AlGutierrez@keyes.com
Alvin.Gut.65@gmail.com
Listing Book: MLS Search Account
Bankrate.com
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hi, Sarah-

I am going to make a radical suggestion and ask you to consider a communities outside of Boca Raton if you want a condo community with an active social life.. Coral Lakes in Boynton Beach, for example, is an active adult community with condos, villas, and single family homes, although condos predominate. However, the focal point of social life is the immense and lavish clubhouse that has numerous card an game rooms, an indoor and outdoor pool, a gym, and myriad oganized social activities.

Use of the clubhouse is included in your HOA dues. By the way, you will have to spend far less than $500,000. (About $300,000 less, as a matter of fact). An 1800+ square foot condo usually runs just under $200,000.

Similar to this are two condo communities in Delray Beach, Huntington Pointe and Huntington Lakes, also home to immense clubhouses, but the condos are usually 2/2, from 1,000 - 1,400 square feet.

While Boca Raton is replete with many appealing country club communities, they do not center their activities around those of us in the 55+ group. And they charge hefty equity fees when you buy into them. Unless you are a devoted golfer, these communities will not offer you very mcuh of what you're loooking for.

You will find more information on homes listed in every community at my website at http://www.JablonTeam.com.

I suppose the most important question to ask you is, "What kind of social activities do you most enjoy?"

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
Realty Associates
marcjablon@yahoo.com
561-213-6139
Web Reference:  http://www.JablonTeam.com
Marjorie Kent, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hi Sarah,

If you want to live near the ocean in a very active social community, I would suggest the Yacht & Racquet
Club. They have fantastic facilities, a fitness center with zumba, etc., personal trainer, lots of tennis
courts and a pro and one of the very few who has a restaurant and bar right at the pool area as well
as a marina for boat owners. It's a real fun place with views of the ocean and intracoastal. Let me know
if you have any interest there and I can guide you further. I have been living in Boca Raton since 1981
and know each and every community extremely well and in real estate for 30 yrs. My e-mail address is
mkent2088@aol.com.
Francine Van…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
1. Boca Pointe
2. Polo Club
3. Broken Sound
4. Boca West

It's all up to the individual. You are in control of your life. If you expect the people to come to your door, it will never happen wherever you live.

I will be more than happy to show you around.

Wishing you the best!

Francine Van Auken
Nicole Marks…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hi Sarah. Are you open to the idea of country clubs because they offer many great activities for you like tennis, golf, card games, shows, etc. Some of my favorites for your active social life would be Boca West, Polo Club, Broken Sound. If you're not interested in joining a country club then I would recommend Boca Pointe, Palmetto Place and there are others. We can discuss this further if you like. I am happy to help you find the right home to suit your needs.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
Web Reference:  http://www.buysellboca.com
Marjorie Kent, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Boca Pointe, Polo Club, Boca West - all except Boca Pte. require mandatory membership. Estancia West
and the other Estancia's are all single-family home communities. If you need further assistance you
can e-mail me directly at mkent2088@aol.com - and look at my website - http://www.marjoriekent.com. Thank
you.
Web Reference:  http://www.marjoriekent.com
marni zucker…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hi Sarah,
Are you familar with Boca Towers? Its a lovely building on the West side of A1A with beach access. This building is well maintained. It is not a 55+ building but has a very acrtive adult population. Card rooms, billards, library, exercise room. The pool is located on the intracoastal and it is gorgeous.
Marni Zuckerman
ListWithMarni@gmail.com
Century 21 Tenace Realty
Fred Keats, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
I would take you down to Highland Beach. There are several lovely developments with large numbers of year round residents that might meet your needs. It is the best address in south florida.
Sarah, Home Buyer, Doral, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Thank you everyone! What about something on the ocean? I don't want all snow birds, but an ocean view would be nice. Is there anything that offers the same social benefits, but also is close to the beach? I don't golf, but exercise classes, or cards would be great...

Thanks!
Sarah
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Sarah,

So much has to do with what type of lifestyle you enjoy. Are you looking for a country club or something on the water. Some of my favorite Boca developments near the water in your price range include Chalfonte, Sea Ranch and Townsend Place but their our others that would be great fits.

Not sure you are tied into Boca as you may wish to consider Delray; I have some places between the intracoastal and Ocean just off Atlantic Ave that would be a great fit for an active social life and one of the best places in Palm Beach County to call home.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Audrey Viola, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hi Sarah ,

There are many ...Woodfield CC, Broken Sound CC, Boca West , Boca Greens , Boca Pointe ,CC of Boca Del Mar , etc ...all are have active social life , golf, tennis, dances , cards , and on and on . Florida has many singles , men and women ...and being in an active community is a good way to meet people .Most of these are also gated , so comfortably secure for the sinhle woman. I am familar will all of them .. Contact me or any agent and just start looking at them , maybe one will " click " for you . Happy hunting !
Audrey Viola , Aero Club Properties ..561-542-9368. Audreyviola@comcast.net .
Fred Keats, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
I have a woman friend in her sixties who is a real "social butterfly". She recently moved to Boca West Country Club and loves it there. Has met many singles via the golf course and club house. I would be happy to have you speak with her and assist you in finding a suitable place in Boca - if not in Boca West then in some other community. Call me at 954 461-3041 or e-mail frederick_e_keats@hotmail.com.
Russ Greenbe…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hello Sarah,

I would say Boca Pointe. Boca Pointe will give you a very active social life. The property offers vills. single family and condos. Give me call I would be more than happy to show you Boca Pointe

Christina A. Wheeler
Realtor / The Keyes Company
561-376-4602
Pat Roseboom…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Boca offers great choices with your specifications. I am helping another client in this same search and I would be happy to send the same information to you. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
Mary Jo Buch…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Sarah,

There are quite a few options for you! Boca Pointe and Boca Country Club have nice facilities without an equity requirement, and no age restrictions. If you prefer a community that is adult only, there are choices available in Boca Raton and Delray that have very nice facilities. Call me to discuss it further! I am a real estate broker here in Boca Raton and have been a resident for 15 years now.
Mary Jo
561-289-5277
Ryan Aydelot…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
I would be happy to show you your options. I know the market well.
Ryan Aydelotte
Boca Valley Realty
772-263-0330
Marilyn Zuck…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Hi Sarah, A great Development that has great social in Boca Raton is "Boca Pointe" Centrally located, minutes from the mall and all highways/tpke's They have a re-done club and fitness area plus attractive membership deals. You do not have to join the Golf & Country Club and can just take a social membership to attend social functions, play cards, pool & spa, fitness. Very friendly community and there are fantastic condo's on the market. This development has no age restrictions. Call me for further information.
Lissie Rosen…, , South Florida, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
There are many communities in that price range. The first one that comes to mind is Boca Pointe Country Club because they have several different types of homes, villas, single family, condos, etc. both in the country club and outside of the club grounds. You can join with just a social membership also. There are several other communities that come to mind and a few great places in Delray Beach towards Boynton that are not country club. With up to $500,000 to spend my advice is to visit some of the country clubs in Boca. How do you feel about club fees? Or are you interested in a minimal club facility? If you can give me some feedback and contact information I would be happy to advise you further. I've lived in Boca almost 25 years and have watched many of these communities being developed.

Thanks so much,

Lissie Rosenblum
Local REIN Associates
561.654/5793
Lissie7@ymail.com
Lynne Gewant, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 1, 2011
Sarah,

I would personally think that either something in Boca Pointe or Boca Country Club would be terrrific. Both of these communities are non equity country clubs and would be able to give you an immediate social life!

If I can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Lynne Gewant, PA
Top 2.7% Nationwide
Presidential Circle Coldwell Banker