What neighborhoods are near Boulder City, Nevada?

Asked by Geraldine Abernathy, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Sun Feb 3, 2008

We are looking for family type neighborhoods within an easy commute from McCarran Airport.

Answers

4
Roberta LaRo…, , Las Vegas, NV
Sun Feb 24, 2008
Geraldine,
There are a lot of family neighborhoods that are an easy commute to McCarran Airport. I believe that you will find many areas in Henderson that would suit your needs. I like to include some of the local family activities in the area in my blog if you would like to take a look.

http://activerain.com/blogs/search4lasvegashomes

If you would like more information, contact me at 702-354-8988 or email me at

Roberta@Search4LasVegasHomes.com
Kim Melendez, Agent, Boulder City, NV
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Boulder City is in zip code 89005...let me know if I can help. I am a Realtor/Broker who lives in Boulder City. I also work the Henderson Market.
Susan, , Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jun 24, 2011
you know if you just give it a test drive and you want easy access to the airport than just follow the 215 on the south side of town i can get from the airport to rainbow and the 215 in 7 min so you go all the way to the turn on the south side of it then you still have easy and fast access or even on the Henderson side but its only a little different cause you have the loop around on the 215 i don't like the eastern and the 215 is just sort of out of the way when i need to be places that are not off the 215
Robert S Toth, , Las Vegas, NV
Sat Feb 13, 2010
I've been a Boulder City resident for the last 20 years, commuting daily from BC to my place of work just south of McCarran airport (off Sunset Rd). If you can avoid the very peak traffic times it's about a 35 minute ride. Note that traffic moves well, is all freeway, and cannot compare (thank goodness) with the juggernaught you might experience heading from McCarran to the Northwest (which I must say has improved in the last year). Also while I was at one point considering moving to Henderson in the Anthem Hills area (South Eastern Avenue), I found that commute longer than the one to BC because you're relegated to crowded surface streets once you leave I-215 to head south on Eastern. McCarran to BC is all smooth sailing freeways.
While there are many great neighborhoods and good schools in Henderson (between Las Vegas and BC), I think BC has the best family type neighborhoods (limited traffic, smaller schools, more opportunity to participate in school sports etc). My wife and I raised both our kids here (from Jr High on), and one’s a Texas A&M grad and a Chemical Engineer, and one’s a USAF Pilot. It remains a small community and avoided the sprawl of the boom years due to our limited growth laws and distance over the hill from the megopolis. It also didn't experience the explosion in prices, and therefore is not nearly as bogged down in foreclosures and home abandonment (but then prices are not plummeting either).
It's not all Mayberry, however, but it's closer than anything else around. Would be glad to share more, but am limited in space here.
Note I have my realtor’s license and will be working for Coldwell Banker in Green Valley after 1 April, and just started setting up my Trulia account when I saw your question about BC. I don’t even have my Web Site set up to point you too. I couldn’t help myself in answering someone looking at BC. Would be glad to assist as much as possible, and if you need to get going on this, I can put you in touch with an experienced agent who can serve your needs immediately (I’ll be pitching BC to him/her however).