What neighborhood would you recommend to buy a house? Hidden lakes (Keller) or Flower Mound? I will be

Asked by Claudia Schiavon, Lantana, TX Sun May 25, 2008

working in Irving TX

Answers

9
Dan & Becky…, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Claudia,

We live near Flower Mound and considered Keller, when we were looking. We love it here and have no regrets. Three kids in exemplary schools, great neighbors, and fantastic access to all that DFW has to offer. Flower Mound is in the geographic center of the Metroplex, with easy access to DFW Airport. Commute times to Dallas and Fort Worth are equivalent, Denton is a little closer. It's an ugly commute from Keller to Dallas, but Ft Worth is closer. Both are great, family friendly, bedroom communities. Flower Mound is building their first hospital. Consider the surrounding communities of Highland Village, and Double Oak, also in Flower Mound Marcus School District. Copper Canyon and Lantana are also very nice, in Denton ISD. Argyle is very nice and has their own schools. We know this area well and would be delighted to show you. Feel free to contact us.

Dan & Becky Harkrider - Coldwell Banker - Flower Mound
214-505-5452
Laurie Kash, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Sun Jun 22, 2008
Hello Claudia:
I guess in choosing your location you need to consider several things.
Family community, young professional, retired, active, etc.......
Each has a different feel. Flower Mound a great family friendly
community. Let me know how else I can help you.
Email me anytime: lauriekash@yahoo.com
Have a great day!

Laurie
Terri Hayley, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 4, 2008
Hi Claudia,

What's making you think of those 2 cities? Do you have family there? Is Irving out of the question? There are communities in Irving that offer similar homes to the Hidden Lake community.

What is important to you in a community, neighborhood, home? I would want to give you guidance based on your personal tastes and sense of importance and not mine. If you could give some clarification, I'd be happy to tell you where I'd think you'd be happier.

Terri Hayley
Darin Davis, Agent, Southlake, TX
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Neither one! Go to Trophy Club or Southlake. Easier access to 114 freeway. Better schools. Better crime rate. All kinds of shopping or entertainment within 5 minutes. Trophy Club has low combined tax rate and great prices. There is new construction of VERY NICE high end homes from $300's-$1mil+. Existing preowned homes from $200-400K mostly. A lifestyle that is unmatched by most suburbs. Exemplary and recognized schools. Two championship golf courses. TREES and HILLS. Yes, it is true, real trees! When folks move here, they never leave!!!!
Web Reference:  http://www.DarinDavis.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon May 26, 2008
Claudia,

I'd take a look at both. I think you will like Flower Mound better and it is closer to Irving. Gas prices are going up and it can take a toll on the drive to Keller. Both are nice places to live and very family friendly. Home will likely be a little newer and a little less expensive in Hidden Lakes.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon May 26, 2008
Hi Claudia,

Fine choice. Both are good locations with good schools. Both areas hold their values pretty well. Your decision woud be based on the immediate amenities offered for your lifestyle and how the home you select fits your needs.

Naima
Web Reference:  http://www.sumnerrealty.com
Karen Shrock…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon May 26, 2008
I live in Irving and there are many good properties for sale here. The community is diverse enough that if having a separation between work and home is an issue, you can certainly find that by working in one area and living in another. Irving also is connected to the DART bus and rail system which is an amenity that can be very advantageous is you have set work and travel patterns.

Commuting from Keller will mean going with the rush hour traffic through the congestion at 114/121 and 114/635 twice daily. I don't recommend that. There seem to be a lot of people who travel that route in the evening who are NASCAR wannabe's. However, if you'd enjoy a little time to watch the planes land on your way home every night, it just might be your style. Keller is also more associate with the Fort Worth area and its activities than Dallas. The two cities have entirely different feels.

Flower Mound is a huge area and pretty suburban in flavor. The home values seem to have been able to maintain themselves better than many areas. There is also a very diverse housing stock in Flower Mound. I've lived in Irving and Texas for 9 years, and the growth in Flower Mound has been huge. Traffic is easier to handle than for a commute from Keller, but you will run into traffic congestion there as well during rush hour. It will be more or less depending upon what area of Flower Mound you choose.
Alan Wynn, , Irving, TX
Mon May 26, 2008
Claudia,

Tough question? I did a little research into both areas and found this...

Keller (Hidden Lakes)...
Average square feet - 3,650
Average Price - $406,000 ($275,000 - $625,000)
Year Built - 1999 top 2008
Number of Homes For Sale - 30

Flower Mound (using the results from Hidden Lakes)...
Average square feet - 3,561
Average Price - $407,000 ($275,000 - $625,000)
Year Built - 1999 top 2008
Number of Homes For Sale - 85

Amazing similarities. However, Flower Mound is a much larger community and will have more choices. It is also closely tied to Lewisville which will add an additional level of amentities. Keller is more identified with Southlake and Grapevine. The drive time to Irving from either community could be about the same. Keller however, is West of the DFW airport which could add some drive time traffic issues.

If there are particular homes in either area and you would want to share those with me, I will be happy to look them up and prepare a market analysis on them for you on each. Hope all of this helps.

Please feel free to call or email if I can help you in your Real Estate decisions.

Alan Wynn
Like NO ONE Else!
214.729.5582
info@DallasHousesOnTheWeb.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun May 25, 2008
Based on the area of Irving, a Flower Mound home for sale is your closest, Keller home for sale is much further away. I have seen GREAT Dallas home foreclosures in this area. I also aware of a Keller home for sale with pool that is $94K below market value.

I am also aware of a wonderful property in Flower Mound home for sale lakeview needs some work however WOW has a wonderful lot of Lake Grapevine.

Contact my office we also offer a buyer rebate save you $1000's at closing
Lynn 911 Dallas Top Real Estate Team
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com
Email: 911@lynn911.com
972-699-9111
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com