Anna, Other/Just Looking in Fremont, CA

What legal actions take my friend take? She bought a property for $89,000 in March, 2011.

Asked by Anna, Fremont, CA Tue Jan 8, 2013

The seller cheated her that the property has only 3 bedrooms, no garage and no fence. Recently the property was being vandalized and it will cost $20K to $30K to fix.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
From what you have written here and another Trulia post it appears that you bought an out of state property without seeing it. You relied on the representations of someone else. Who was that? Were you mislead…hoodwinked…lied to? Did you make a bad investment and now want to blame someone else?

In any event, an attorney can answer your questions about whether or not you have a case worth pursuing. Contact an attorney in the area where you made the investment and be prepared to pay for a legal advice unless the attorney is willing to give you a free consultation.
1 vote
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sun Jan 13, 2013
This is one of those "ask the attorney" questions. I'd suggest she contact an attorney, preferrably one in the location of the property and one who is board certified in real estate to see if she has a course of action and if the expense is worth the fight.
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
All the States inact leagal protections for Buyers (particularly):
But they cannot do anything for someone who wants to buy swampland without looking at it.
0 votes
Mary OKeefe, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
If the property was vandalized while your friend owned it he/she needs to report it to the police, call their insurance agent and then if they feel they need to talk with an attorney they should do so.
0 votes
Tommy Burris, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Baton Rouge, LA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Call the police and insurance agent regarding the vandalism.
As far as the other goes, did your friend buy sight unseen?
Regardless, you need to speak to a real estate attorney.
0 votes
Elizabeth Mo…, Agent, McKinney Tx, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Did your friend view the property prior to purchase? She can consult a real estate attorney for legal advice. Vandalism should have been reported to the police.
0 votes
Duong Nguyen, Agent, Richardson, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Call the police and the insurance agent
0 votes
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Did your friend not notice the house had no fence or garage? As far as legal actions on the vandalism I would call the police.
0 votes
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Contact a Real Estate Attorney for advice.

Turtle Creek Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more