What kind of market is Raleigh experiencing right now?

Asked by Trulia Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Mon May 13, 2013

Is it a buyers or sellers market, or perhaps somewhere in between?

Answers

8
Amanda Hallo…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sun May 19, 2013
Currently the type of market is very much agent/broker subjective. It depends on how they interpret the data and their experiences. Plus, real estate is like fortune telling whereas appraisals are like historians.

The Triangle area is experiencing a 14 year low in inventory numbers. There are more buyers than sellers. This leads some folks to claim we are in a seller's market. However, location, condition, and price rank supreme at all times. What I mean by this is some homes are still languishing on the market because no one likes them.

I believe we are somewhere in between a buyer and seller market at the moment. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to call me at 919-732-7351.
Irina Bennett, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Fri May 17, 2013
Low inventory of homes for sale and low rates are creating this crazy market we have today! The values are climbing up but not at the point yet that most sellers would sell... So some are still waiting to put their homes on the market next year in hopes of better profits.
But buyers want something today and are not willing to wait in fear of the higher rates next year.
So, full price offers are very common with many offering above asking price as well.
Nikie Filipp…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu May 16, 2013
Its is has changed quickly from buyers market to sellers market. Homes are under contract quickly. It also depends the areas too. Great time to buy because the rates are still low and great time to sell.
Noah Fishbane, , Raleigh, NC
Tue May 14, 2013
Raleigh is experiencing the shift from a buyers' market to a sellers' market. We have been negotiating more and more "multiple offer situations" as inventory of available quality homes shrinks. The days of the "low-ball" offer are slipping away quickly as sellers are seeing their values come back. People are less likely to just give away their home and cut their losses. There are still plenty of hot deals out there for serious buyers though. You just have to know how to find them;)
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue May 14, 2013
Generally speaking it's favoring sellers with only 1-3 months of available inventory in most locations and price-points.
Melissa Albe…, Agent, Wake Forest, NC
Mon May 13, 2013
My recent experience has been sellers market in the hot locations, still buyers market everywhere else but trending toward a level playing field.

email or call if I can be of additional assistance.

melissaalbert@kw.com
919-610-1585
Sam Calvert, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon May 13, 2013
it's a buyers market. Homes well maintained and updated over the years are getting multiple offers at appraised market value, and everything else is a slow death with some sellers bringing money to the table.

If you'd like to see qualified market data or get a home consultation let me know. Numbers don't lie.
Thomas Bohlm…, Agent, Rolesville, NC
Mon May 13, 2013
Many sellers are seeing multiple offers on their homes. Some homes are selling for full price. Other home still sit.
More of a neutral market but moving to a sellers market by summer.