Amber Goodwin, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

What kind of criteria should I use when interviewing real estate agents?

Asked by Amber Goodwin, Los Angeles, CA Wed Dec 10, 2008

Answers

5
Jodie Franci…, Agent, Studio City, CA
Fri Dec 12, 2008
Hi Amber,

I think the most important criteria is that you trust your agent, and believe that they will do a thorough job for you. You would want someone who knows the area in which you are looking, is well respected in the realtor community, and will take the time to answer all of your questions and concerns. I would love to speak with you further to see if I can assist you, or refer you to someone that I know and trust if you are a looking in an area that I am not familiar with. Feel free to contact me at 818-817-4236.

Best of luck to you!

Jodie
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Dec 10, 2008
You will be working for a few months with the agent you choose..so I believe it is imperative that you have a good rapport with the realtor you use.
I personally would look for an agent from a well known and respected firm, one that has a reputation to maintain.
The Agent should be well trained and knowledgeable...particularly about the area you are interested in..a good agent can acutally save you money and time if they are savvy and point you in the right direction to make a solid investment in Real Estate.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Lori Rossi, Agent, Warwick, RI
Wed Dec 10, 2008
Hi Amber,

Looks like you are inquiring about a buyer's agent, either way, here are few questions that you may want to ask. Is the agent a full time or part time agent? How much experience do they have in your search/sale area? Do they have any recent sales in the area? How many sales did they have in 2008? Do they have any testimonials from previous clients? How does their commission split work? Most times we get paid from the list agent, but sometimes there is a difference that may be owed by you. Such as if your agent works on 3% commission, but the list side is only offering 2.5% to the buy side-you may be obligated to pay the difference. Something you should discuss up front, so there are no surprises. Good luck in your search, I'm sure you will find a great agent to help you. If you need me to refer a local professional, let me know. I'll be happy to assist and have someone contact you asap to set up an interview. Good luck!

Lori.Rossi@NeMoves.com
Alexandra Pa…, Agent, Montebello, CA
Wed Dec 10, 2008
The first thing you should feel comfortable and trust the agent. Secondly you must make sure the agent has contract knowledge, can explain everything to you, and has a strong commitment towards you. I am available for an interview.
Jeffrey White, Agent, Beverly HIlls, CA
Wed Dec 10, 2008
Hi Amber, thanks for the question! I would be most concerned with your ability to work with the agent on a personality basis, their knowledge of the specific market/area you are interested in, along with the ease of contacting them and their availability, close proximity to you. As a buyer you have a lot more freedom and it's wonderful that you don't have to worry about a cost. I would love to meet with you and let you know my areas of expertise and see if we are a match! My contact info is on my website below. Good luck!