Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Trulia San A…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

What kind of agreement would you sign when using a buyers agent when starting the home buying process?

Asked by Trulia San Antonio, San Antonio, TX Tue Apr 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


When you make a decision to buy a home, your agent should do a consultation with you explaining the details of representation when buying a home. This begins with the two Texas state forms. The first is Information About Brokerage Services which explains who is representing whom. It explains the difference between representation for a buyer, a seller and the option to have an intermediary relationship.

The second form is the Residential Buyer/Tenant Representation agent. This form explains in detail what services the agent will be performing for you and who pays the agent's commission. These are not the only forms you will be signing that are for your benefit, they are only a start. Whoever your agent is, that person should take the time to review the forms with you.

Now is a great time to buy with interest rates are at an all time low, it's like having a mortgage "sale"!

Christine Henderson
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate- Bradfield Properties
Changing Real Estate Dreams into Reality Since 1985
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
I agree with them all.
Good luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
In Texas, you would first sign a form called Information About Brokerage Services that explains who represents whom in real estate contracts, then a Buyers Representation Agreement. No enough space to write details about it, but what it does is bind you to the agent/Realtor who you are signing with to represent only your interest in the purchase of a home.....in other words, your interests only above any interests of the Seller. I can discuss on the phone if you want any more info
without a sales pitch - just info for you.


Royce Simmonds, Broker-Owner
Simmonds Real Estate Inc. Schertz
http://www.roycerealestate.com (210) 269-8086 Direct Cell

36 Years Air Force Service (15 Enlisted - 21 Officer )
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
When working with a real estate agent in TX you will sign a form call Information About Brokerage Services and most agent working with buyers will have you sign Resential Buyer Represenation Agreement.

Feel free to give me a call or email, I would be more then happy to explain the benefits of working with a buyers agent.

Best Regards,

Johnny E Williams
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
The standard form is a buyer's representation agreement. Almost every agent in San Antonio uses the same form

Web Reference: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer