What is your take on the communities in Murrieta?

Asked by Demy, Temecula, CA Sun May 11, 2008

I'm looking for a home in either Temecula or Murrieta, I've started focusing more on an area in Murrieta. I saw that there are alot of really nice homes in the Murietta area west of French Valley airport , south of Winchester Rd along Murrieta Hot Springs (until it ends) on the right and left sides of the road. What is an acceptable price for a home in these areas. Do they offer amenities, expensive HOA dues? High taxes? Is this considered a good area? Would it be better to lie here on in Temecula?

Answers

10
Becky, Home Buyer,
Sun May 18, 2008
I lived in Crowne Hill in Temecula, which is a lovely area, but after Pechanga expanded and 79S was expanded to fit all of the new shopping areas, the exit became too congested. I moved to Corona for two years, but it was too hot and smoggy. I moved to Murrieta in 2005 and love my area. I live off Clinton Keith in Paseo Verde. My house backs to the Santa Rosa Plateau and it is cool and breazy. Regading the traffic, the 215/French Valley has much more congestion than the West side. We drive the streets to get to the mall or wineries when there is traffic on 15. If you take the back route, it is usually smooth sailing. I agree that Winchester is a scary exit and never use it. My tax base is 1.1 with no HOA. I paid 600K for my house, but most of the sales are priced in the low 400s and almost all are banked owned. The area is beautiful and well maintained all around the Bear Creek area. Good luck.
Brand Spanki…, Home Buyer, California
Tue May 13, 2008
HOA depends on the neighborhood you chose. The new one's typically will have one. Currently I live in Temecula and about 2 days out of the week, the offramp to get on the 1-15 S on Winchester can take about 5 minutes especially around 8 o'clock in the morning. If you get there earlier, it is fairly easy to get on.

As for the price of the home, it depends on what you are looking for. One of the downsides of alot of the homes built is that while the master bedrooms are spacious, the extra rooms are tiny that are made to fit a crib or a twin bed and nothing else.

Personally, in the French Valley area, it's like a no-man's land in terms of whether it is Temecula or Murrieta. I think technically it is Murrieta but if you check the school boundries, you will see that some homes are considered to be in the Temecula school district.

Taxes. Once again, it depends on where you live. Where we live, we pay 1.5 but a 3 minute drive up the street, it can be 1.9 or if you go the other way, it's 1.1% .

Do you have a particular development in mind? I might be able to help you out as we just purchased a home here.
Sherry Kotvis, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mon Oct 20, 2008
I'm located just 1 offramp north of Murrieta in a quaint city called Menifee. I lived in Murrieta several years until I moved to Menifee. If you are looking for a home, prices start in the mid 100s (some great investment and first time buyer opportunities) to about $350K-400K. You can find a beautiful newer home with 4+ bedrooms and 2+ baths in a nice area for around $250K. We have an abundance of both Bank Owned homes and short sales. If you are interested in exploring the growing community of Menifee, please give me a call. I can certainly help with this area or Murrieta.
Joan Patters…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wed Oct 15, 2008
Hi Demy,

I love Murrieta and own property in LaCresta. It is a community off of Clinton Keith and about 10 miles West. There are many nice homes in Murrieta and many nice amenities that are being built all over! New shopping centers, new restaurants etc.

As far as the taxes, and HOA fees, it all depends on the area. The taxes in LaCresta are very high, but I feel worth it for the area. The HOA fees are low about 75.00 a month, not too bad. There are many areas that do not even have HOA dues. And there are many communities that have great amenities as well, such as Bear Creek.

Temecula is wonderful as well. There are lovely homes all over that area. Like Murrieta, Temecula has many rural areas as well that do contain livestock. So, what I would do, is drive the areas and pick neighborhoods you feel you really like. I would talk to neighbors and ask them how they like living in that particular neighborhood. They certainly will tell you! That is the best way to know if you like an area.
Drive it at different times of the day and night, call the police departments too and find out about crime etc just to be safe.

If I can help you in any way, please let me know. Good luck to you!

Kind regards,

Joan Patterson, B.A., A.S.P., G.R.I., Realtor
http://www.calljoan4homes.com
Chris, Home Buyer, Camp pendleton for now
Fri Oct 3, 2008
I am in the process of buying a home there right now "I am in escrow" Scary.. the taxes in the area are kinda high $7180 for the house I am buying. The houses are nice in the area. there is one on spruce wood that is 2500 sg ft that is 261,000. prob offer way less and get it. I have been up there coming from camp Pendleton and never had any traffic problems(except for the checkpoint one time) lots of stores, a golf course and much more plus lake skinner is fairly close. hope this helps check the tax assesors web site for riverside to see the taxes for each property
Robert MacLe…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Jun 29, 2008
Well, I love living in Murrieta. My wife and I and the kids moved out here a year ago from Orange County. The schools are top notch. We live off Murrieta Hot Springs and the 215 and have access to everything within 5 minutes. If you want you can give me a call or email me direct and I can answer any questions that you have.
Blu G., Both Buyer And Seller, French Valley
Sat May 24, 2008
I live off of Winchester Road in the French Valley area. It is not as developed as Murrieta or Temecula. So you will see large land parcels with horses, cows and even llamas. The schools are a part of the Temecula Valley Unified School District and most of them are fairley new and they are slated to build more in the future. Actually most of the homes in the area are less than 10 years old. The French Valley Airport, seems more like a place for people who bought their own planes and love to fly. It is not a commercial airport and I see the planes more than I hear them. They are building the French Valley interchange so it is a little conjested right and we do not have a lot of shops in the area. There seems to be a lot of houses on decent parcels of land and so you do not feel like you can spit on your neighbors house if you happen to spit out of your window, I see a lot of that in California and in Murrieta as well. Some people like the more developed areas, but I tend to like this area. It is slower and not as crowded and the good thing is that I can drive in less than 30 minutes to any place I need to go. They are building more stores in the area so in about 10 years it will resemble Temecula and Murrieta. If you are thinking about the Temecula area, keep in mind that Pechanga was given a nice chunk of land recently, so just make sure the lots you are looking at do not fall under there newly aquired land.
Darren Smith, , Menifee, CA
Thu May 22, 2008
Murrieta has some excellent buys right now, Look for REO properties and Short Sales and try to spend less than $100 per square foot. We can help!
Jess, Home Buyer, 92530
Sun May 11, 2008
Both areas are nice. However, for me, both have way too much in-city traffic. Seriously, I kick myself anytime "I have to go there". Temecula has the added problem that it really has only 3 off-ramps to the 15 freeway. This means that there are seriously backed up off ramps during peak times, really dangerously at times. Winchester, in particular, backs up over a mile down the freeway at times.

Everything is relative however, if you come from an even busier place, then Temecula could almost seem rural. The area, as a whole, does have every amenity you could need.

Which way are you traveling? North or south? If your commute heads north out of the area also consider Wildomar or even Lake Elsinore. Both areas are not as "nice" as Temecula/Murrietta but congestion is much less, and large lots (1/4 acre +) are common if that's a consideration for you.

If you commute south towards Escondido/San Diego I can't comment as I only rarely travel that way.
Michael Barr…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Sun May 11, 2008
Hi there Demy, You have many great questions. Both area's attract a lot of people for different reasons. The acceotable price depends on the house. With regards to the Amenities , Taxes, HOA's etc. I would be happy to review these in person with you and review the Bedt Buys in these areas. I work with many clients in both areas.

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
http://www.ntustinhomes4sale.com
(714) 552-6717