What is the typical price per square foot for homes sold in this area?

Asked by Judy Faber, Fri Sep 5, 2008

Answers

6
Marc J Williams SRES,e-PRO’s answer
Marc J Willi…, Agent, Whiting, NJ
Sat Sep 6, 2008
In my area, Ocean County NJ. price per sq ft is ALL over the map. We have water front at 600 - 700.00 / sq ft. BUT that really is land value. New homes are around 150.00 +_ / sq ft. That is the low end. What are you looking for? I will sit down with you on a lap top and go to those sites that can answer your question. Call me if you wish. 732-778-9933 or marc@marcjwilliams.com i 've been doing this for 40 years, i really can help.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Judy,
Please resubmit your question. Additional information is needed.
F. "Cheetah"…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Hi Judy: I tried to check your profile to find out what "This area" was but there was no information. I'm new to Trulia so maybe didn't look in the right place. You might re submit your question so that those who are knowledgeable about your area can give you advice.

I know that here in Southwest Florida the area price by square foot vary widely right now since there are so many homes that are listed below market value. Good luck.
Beachy4, Home Seller, Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Fri Sep 5, 2008
HI! I BELIEVE IN MY AREA HOMES AVERAGE, APPROX ABOUT $200 A SQUARE FOOT, YOU MAY FIND SIMILAR INFORMATION ON THE ZILLOW SITE. I GUESS THIS IS SOMETHING THAT VARIES QUITE A BIT...GOODLUCK:)
Paul Howard, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Judy, you won't likely find any 'typical' price/sqFt in this area. Even if you were very specific about location it might not help - unless you were looking at new construction - if then. I'm anxious to see how others view this.

Paul Howard
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Are you talking about Mantoloking? According to the southern Monmouth northern Ocean MLS, two homes have sold there in 2008. A 4700 square foot home sold for $7.4 M and another home sold for $4.375 M. The MLS did not list any sqare footage on that property.
In Mantoloking, location is as big a part of the price, as size.