Home Buying in Hanover>Question Details

Swamp_yankee, Both Buyer and Seller in Hanover, MA

What is the scoop on Walnut Creek?

Asked by Swamp_yankee, Hanover, MA Thu Apr 22, 2010

Is is a good place ot live. Have there been complaints? Is it a good value?

Answers

4
Walnut Creek offers a very nice lifestyle. The quality of the housing has been apparent during past home inspections I have been party to there. Fees are inline with services offered. There is very nice detail with garages, fireplaces, first floor masters as well as nicely appointed second floor suites and full basements. Yes the pricing in the past has been less than the original cost of the some of the homes during original construction, that was a different market compared to a last few year's marketplace which had a number of people who desired to be in over 55 housing in a position of not being able to sell their existing substantial homes as that market did not having a huge amount of high dollar buyers, all about supply and demand.

The over 55 buyers are back as their homes are now selling. I received two calls today from over 55 Buyers who no longer want to shovel, do lawn maintenance or worry about tree limbs falling on their property but are interested in not down scaling their lifestyle but entering a new phase of life with the benefits of condo community style living, no shovels, no rakes, no aching backs!

Call me if you would like to tour the over 55 housing options on the South Shore of Massachusetts.
I am a proud to say I have held the SRES Senior Real Estate Specialist Designation for more than a decade of my 30 years of licensing and promise to offer you a dedicated full time experienced Realtor/Broker's professional assistance. My cell is 781-910-7294 and my email is MaryBeth@TradeWindsRealtyGroup.com .
There have been some great values at Walnut Creek in the last year or so, units which have sold for $100,000 or more less than the original selling price six years ago. If I were one of the original buyers (and many current occupants are), I would not be overly happy with this, but for an over 55 buyer wanting to stay in (or move to) Hanover, this is an excellent opportunity to become part of a nice community. There are different styles of units in Walnut Creek, some of which are more desirable than others.
The best way to determine how residents feel about a place is to drive around on a Saturday and when you see someone who lives there ask them. If I am in a neighborhood I have questions about I always ask the neighbors. They will tell you the good the bad and the ugly. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
Good Evening Swamp Yankee,

Walnut Creek seems to be a nice community. Most of the units have been selling within 90 days which would indicate that thy are a good value. Honestly, I have not represented anyone in a purchase at Walnut Creek, nor do I know anyone that lives there, but I would be happy to get the information you require. Let me know if you would like me to look into it for you.

Shane Cormier
Century 21 - Tassinari & Associates
1.800.656.1342 x1119