What is the reputation on DR Horton?

Asked by denise.teel, Dublin, CA Tue Sep 25, 2012

Answers

4
Steve Mohseni, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Sep 25, 2012
DR Horton is a national builder, a public company and a reputable builder to work with. I have had number of satisfied clients that have bought from DR Horton and know the sales staff personally in communities they are building in Dublin….feel free to call me if you need any specific information regarding any of their communities locally.

Best wishes,
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Braddock & Logan is a smaller builder confined to the Bay Area and Seattle, WA. They are known as a quality-oriented local builder. They do not build on the same scale national as KB Homes, DR, Horton, Toll Bros, etc. Their headquarters are actually in Danville.

As for KB Homes, they actually have a good reputation across the country, and especially in the Bay Area. They’ve built quality communities locally which are sought out not only as new homes but have high re-sale value as well. I know many living in KB homes that are VERY happy with their homes.

The problem with any large company is exposure: the more homes you build and the wider the parts of the country you serve, the higher the likelihood that you will get more complaints. I used to work for a national chain and there was a sign in the back room that said, “If they like your service, they’ll tell 1 person. Maybe. If they have a problem with your service, they’ll tell 100. For sure.”
denise.teel, Home Buyer, Dublin, CA
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Thank you very much. Steve and Carl. How about BRADDOCK & LOGAN homes? It appears not in the list. I thought KB homes have not had good reputation. KB homes are not rated that low.
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Agree with Steve: they are a very reputable company and build solid homes and communities.

Click here for the J.D. Power & Associates New Home Builder Customer Satisfaction Ratings (a few years old, but still good information)
http://www.homefindinginfo.com/HomeBuilderRatings.htm

Make sure you take a Realtor with you when you visit for the first time – those of us who’ve represented buyers with new home builders understand where the negotiating points are and how to get you the best possible home for the best price and terms.