What is the quickest way to find homes with mission schools in fremont?

Asked by Anna, Fremont, CA Thu Oct 25, 2007

Answers

9
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Thu Jan 24, 2008
Anna....

Looking for a home is important and the best schools only add value to your home. Just because you purchase a home in the mission schools does not mean your children will go there due to the overcrowding situation. Any of us can get you signed up for listings, just letus know. Good luck and let us know how we can help you here.
Web Reference:  http://pamiwnterbauer.com
Ken Vasan, Agent, Fremonet, CA
Tue Jan 22, 2008
I am a real estate agent who practices primarily in Mission Area. Market sentiments are very good and I thought the turn around happened on the first week of January when there were 20 people in my open house. But, that trend did not keep up in the last week. This could be due to people watching games.

Currently, there is one town home in market and probably 25 single family homes in invnetory. If you are looking to buy for less than one million, there are only 7 homes in inventory. Prices are holding very well and the pentup demand is very high.
Andrea Davis, , Fremont, CA
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Anna: With all due respect I have to add my thoughts on this. No doubt the Mission schools have long been sought after, many parents struggling to afford homes in an area where their children can attend what some believe to be best schools. Please remember that in every community there is evidence of Excellent schools. Buying a HOME is much more then buying a school district . You need to be working with an expert in Real Estate who will listen to your families goals and objectives not to mention your financial expectations to find you and your family your Dream Home. Good Luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.aDreamRealtor.com
Realtor, ,
Wed Jan 2, 2008
Anna, a realtor can send you listings in the specific areas you desire. However, you should always contact the school district to see if there are any restrictions to getting your child in your desired school.
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Thu Nov 1, 2007
Anna,

It doesn't matter what neighborhood you buy in Fremont. There are waiting lists for Mission schools.

You can buy right next door to a mission school and there is no guarantee your kids will attend school there, at least at first. You have to get on the list for this school district. Could take years.
Annie Nguyen, , Fremont, CA
Thu Nov 1, 2007
Dear Anna,

Since Fremont is engaging in the big development in the city to meet the newcomers coming to join the community due the high rating of the school system espcially in Missin Schools, the best way for you to get the information is to contact to the Fremont School District. The website address is http://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/
you can find the location and phone number to contact.
The boundaries between school districts often change from time to time so you need to check frequently with the office and make sure you are buying your house in the right school that you prefer. I hope you will find my answer helpful. You can contact me for more information or request the information on my website so I can give you full details.
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Fri Oct 26, 2007
I agree with Pam there was a huge rezoning of schools, and you want to make sure you are fully aware of the cities plans to keep the current boundaries. Although there are zipcodes and certain areas in general to search. Especially for this area due to recent changes it is best to contact a local Realtor.

Good Luck
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Thu Oct 25, 2007
Hi Anna:

Check with your Realtor. They'd know - by knowing the general area, and then check with the district.

However, you might want to be a little careful about buying homes in Fremont due to schools.

My brother lives there for years, first bought the house due to the schools - Mission S.J, and then the district got re-zoned, they built a new school around his house, He saw house price dropped $100K overnight. The new school is finally catching up with the old school so he is seeing steady increase to be equal to the homes in Mission SJ. area.

I just heard them (brother, niece and nephew) said that Fremont is looking into busing the kids to different schools to create equality in the school quality. So, that's a new twist for the home buyers/sellers when talking about which school a house belongs to in Fremont.

Be careful are the words.

Sylvia
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Auburn, CA
Thu Oct 25, 2007
Hi Anna. Any real estate agent in the Fremont area can run a list of all the properties in the Mission school district in Fremont as we have the option of searching only for properties that are in a certain school district.
Web Reference:  http://www.theMLShub.com