What is the property tax rate in South St Paul?? versus the normal 1% of the homes value- like in IGH or Apple Valley, ect?

Asked by Comp Sales, South Saint Paul, MN Tue May 15, 2012

I've been comparing property tax rates in several cities, and South St Paul's property taxes are quite higher than some of the other cities Im looking at like, IGH, Apple Valley, Lakeville, and even Woodbury? That surprises me because SSP is a much older city and the houses are a bit older too? Why would their property taxes be so much higher? (these are on existing homes, not pending assessments on foreclosures either)

Answers

2
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Thu May 17, 2012
Good advice, Liz! That's really the best way for you to get the most comprehensive info to best advise your clients.

Web Reference:  http://www.homestosellmn.com
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Tue May 15, 2012
This is a matter best addressed to the counties and the specific municipalities. Property assessments and mill rates are usually set by the counties and they can explain the costs property taxes support in the specific communities names. Liz 612-986-4105